Motobecane always seems to come up with 'how the heck' deals where we are left befuddled how they can sell well-spec'd bikes at prices that would put most other companies out of business.
Well, they're coming out with two bikes again that continue to this tradition. And the notable spec is 'Full SRAM Eagle drivetrain' at a street price of $2500. We've tested Eagle and it is indeed going to be a dominant drivetrain option for years to come. It is that good and seamless with a gearing range that riders forgot that they wanted.
HAL6 Team 12 Full Suspension Bikes
- Full SRAM Eagle 6 inches of travel, RockShox Pike 160mm
- XT Brakes, Rockshox Monarch PLUS
- WTB TCS Frequency Race Tubeless Wheelset
- WTB Trail Boss 2.25 x 27.5"
- Weight 28.25 lbs (est. tubeless set up, no pedals/reflectors)
- MSRP $5199 (Street Price $2700)
Bikes are available now for $2495 - HERE.
The other notable bike is the successful NightTrain Express fat bike with SRAM GX 1x11 and a carbon fork. 1x11 is excellent and the GX line is an amazing performance value option in itself.
SRAM Guide brakes and Maxxis Minion tires are best of breed components out there too.
NightTrain Express Fat Bikes
- SRAM GX 1x11, Full Carbon Forks
- Guide Brakes, RaceFace Turbine Cinch Cranks
- SunRingle MuleFut Tubeless Wheelset
- Maxxis Minion FBF/FBR Folding bead tires
- Weight 26.75 lbs (est. tubeless set up, no pedals/reflectors)
- MSRP $3799 (Street Price $1600)
Bikes are available now for $1499 - HERE.
For more information visit www.motobecane.com.