Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 19" Motobecane Fantom Pro 29 SL and I was wondering if anyone knew what the frame weighs is give or take a few grams. I love the bike especially after I upgraded the wheelset. I am also thinking about upgrading to a ONE 9 Niner frame but I don't want to waste the money if I am close on weight because I do like the frame.

·
Registered
63 Posts
About a year ago when I bought my 17" Pro SL I wanted the same frame as you.I researched it and found that there was about an 6oz difference.Can't find where it says it now but I remember there wasn't that much of a difference to justify the price. I would spend the $$ on lighter wheels and crank unless you want a pretty frame with a cool name on it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a guy that says it weighs about 4.3-4.6 lbs and the Ti frame is 3.6-3.8 so yeah I agree there is not much differnce but I did buy a sweet wheel set and I did just buy the Ti frame so I hope I am happy with it when it is all over. But hey if not I will sell it and not be out that much and may try a Salsa or Niner. I just like messing with my bikes. I would like a lighter weight crankset. If I had that it would complete my bike for sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought a Truvativ Noir 3.3 off Ebay for $207 delivered. I am like a kid at Christmas...I can't figen wait to get it all together. Wheels...frame...crank set...WOO HOO!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.