Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While discussing our shock-swapping experiment, Chris9702I and I both came to the conclusion that the Roco TST-R might potentially be the shock we were both wanting, feature wise.... enter BikerBob, who had a great price. Twist my arm! :madman:

Only one problem- Marzocchi currently only offers the Roco in a 7.785x2.25" size, despite what their website shows. Apparently thats the size all the MFG's want. No problem, I've dealt with this before- the stroke is easily limited using plumbing gaskets. In this case I found that "lavatory pop-up gaskets", stock #34621-B at Ace Hardware, were perfect- they are 1/8" thick each so I used two of them.

I've only had time to mount the shock up and will be busy until sunday, so no test ride yet. The weather here has been crazy- 60mph wind gusts and inches of rain daily- so who knows how good of a test ride I'll get, but I'll definately report back. So far, it seems like the strongest TST setting is not quite lock-out, but definately firmer than any of fox's PP settings.

Attachments

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
That was fast

I shipped them from Ohio Wednesday afternoon. Yours to Seattle by mail and Chris' to Memphis with FedEx 2nd Day, and they both arrived at the same time-even with the storm out there.
Looks great on your bike with the Marzocchi up front. If it performs as well, you made a good choice.
Bob

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Looking forward to the ride review. Hopefully it is more sturdy than the Roco Air I got for JNC. It thinks it is a Fox and is partially stuck down. :mad:

I wasn't super happy with the TST on the AM-1 fork so I'm interested how it works for the shock.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Oh I can't wait to ride!!!

I am chomping at the bit to ride the Roco:) I am suffering through a cold and the weather in Colorado Springs on Monday is iffy but the Moto will be ridden on Monday.

Great pics FM. :thumbsup: I'm especially glad to see that you can mount it with the reservoir/TST lever to the front of the shock (the DHX always has the reservoir towards the aft). This should make using the TST lever a breeze just like the RP3/RP23.

Props to Bikerbob for the outstanding service:p :p :p

Chris

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
SSINGA said:
Looking forward to the ride review. Hopefully it is more sturdy than the Roco Air I got for JNC. It thinks it is a Fox and is partially stuck down. :mad:

I wasn't super happy with the TST on the AM-1 fork so I'm interested how it works for the shock.
SSINGA... Do you mean that you have a stuck down Roco Air?? I'm interested as I was eyeing one of those.

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
That shock looks sooo HAWT on the Moto!

That sucks you can't do much riding though bro. Mabye you can get get in a little climbing or something? your in the PNW right? I hear Mnt Hood's off the hook right now. :thumbsup: ;)

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blackagness said:
That shock looks sooo HAWT on the Moto!

That sucks you can't do much riding though bro.;)
Thanks BA! Actually our weather is just bizzare right now, it's rain and crazy winds. Some lady drowned in her own basement last night, less than 5 miles from my house.... half the city is without power... I went to ride today and got stuck in traffic since all the signals were out so I bailed... did get up to whistler for some boarding last weekend though. :thumbsup:

Chris, Make sure to remove the adjusters and put 'em back on with lock-tite!

Bikerbob, thanks for the hook-up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
FM said:
Thanks BA! Actually our weather is just bizzare right now, it's rain and crazy winds. Some lady drowned in her own basement last night, less than 5 miles from my house.... half the city is without power... I went to ride today and got stuck in traffic since all the signals were out so I bailed...
FM, I flew out of Seattle the day of the big storm on my way to Alaska for work and missed the excitement western Washington went through that night. FWIW, that was the bumpiest ride to Anchorage I've ever had :yikes: .

I'm really bummed about the wind. I spent four full back-breaking days up at Galbraith last week doing trail-work and removing trees from the previous wind/snow storms. Ughh! Hopefully people will have the trails rideable when I get back in a week.

Oh BTW, the ROCO looks sweet!

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
FM said:
Bikerbob, thanks for the hook-up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That's something to be said as I've heard that these things are rather hard to get...

Cool stuff, FM!

Let us know how it works fer ya!

With those rubber bumpers, you can experiment to get a little more "travel" outta the MCU bumper ;)

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
geolover said:
I'm really bummed about the wind. I spent four full back-breaking days up at Galbraith last week doing trail-work and removing trees from the previous wind/snow storms. Ughh! Hopefully people will have the trails rideable when I get back in a week.

Oh BTW, the ROCO looks sweet!
Hey Barry- well thanks for working anyways! We did a full day of work with Bill Hawk &co last year on "mullet"... probably be in for some more building time up there again this year.

Sometime when you're down this way, we can give you a tour of our local stash... some great new stuff coming together!

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I'm curious about the TST too. I never had much more than a few demo rides on the TST AM forks, but I liked the system on those. Not sure I saw the point to the bladder cartridge exactly as the open bath systems seemed to work so well on other Zokes and servicing the bladder is a bother, but anyway...

The Zoke rear shocks seem quite reasonably priced. Makes me wonder what the catch is. :p A 7.875 x 2.25 would suit my 7-Pack beautifully. :D

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tscheezy said:
I'm curious about the TST too.
Hey tscheezy! Props again for coming up with the hose bib gasket trick.

I've got TST on my all-mountain 1 fork and treat it more like a set-and-forget compression adjuster... one click to tune out brake-dive.... but I think it's a great concept for a rear shock. I do mainly climb&drop riding, the settings I like on the DHX for flat & downhill trails aren't so hot for climbing. So an easy-to-flip switch sounds awesome... I'll report back tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.