Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attention Mountain Bikers:
One of our own was riding in the NW off Alexander (near Lone Mountain). This is a no-motorized vehicle area, as you can see from the below photo. When the mountain biker informed the motorcyclist of this, he became irate, began cursing and threatening to “break his legs.” He then repeatedly came at the mountainbiker at 30 mph plus, attempted to hit him, actually kicked and punched him and his bike, and only sped off at the threat of calling 911. The perpetrator appeared to have an accent, perhaps Australian. Photos are posted below. License plate number is (PO12 12J) (could be zeros, O’s, 1’s or l’s). Any help you can provide in identifying this individual would be appreciated. If you’ve had similar run-ins, please let us know. Let’s nab this guy – anyone of us could be next as he’s likely to take out his clear anger management problems against any of us.
Thank you.

·
\m/ \m/
368 Posts
Reason enough to carry pepper spray or a gun with you.

·
washed-up moto guy
237 Posts
That is insane. I grew up racing motocross and rode in the Pinenut Mountains regularly (shared trail network). We shared the trails in every circumstance, and while there are plenty of bad apples on both sides, I can say that I can only remember one unfavorable confrontation. But riding in an area that is restricted and responding in with violence is criminal.

Sounds like the MTB rider kept a cooler head in this case, so good on'ya!

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
I've run into that kind of behavior several times between Henderson and Boulder City over the years, especially after dark.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thats pretty much attempted assault.. file a police report and they should be able to run the plates. I'll ask a friend who's dad is a reserve if he can identify.

·
Registered
64 Posts
98b-hero.jpg

Strap one of these to your camelback and I bet people won't bother you too much. Might make the climbs a little rough though.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts