Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
gmoney was gmoneybike
Joined
·
304 Posts
I hope you and Barry played it safe.

I'm off to Wenatchee early morning, alas its for business and not the Gulch.
 

·
thats right living legend
Joined
·
6,360 Posts
Fun?

FM said:
Just got back from a fun wet ride on my motolite.

This bike is so much fun!

Sorry, not other details worth noting.
I was haveing fun on my Lite-Moto yesterday, and split my face open, and my knees as big as a softball. I did something wierd to my side too, but I can't figure out what yet. I also broke another helmet. Other than that it was another awsome ride on the ML!
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
blackagness said:
I was haveing fun on my Lite-Moto yesterday, and split my face open, and my knees as big as a softball. I did something wierd to my side too, but I can't figure out what yet. I also broke another helmet. Other than that it was another awsome ride on the ML!
Your post is worthless without pics, Blackey!
I don't effing believe you until seeing the pieces of the helmet.

Just teasing you, ya know.:D
Heal soon, bro. Get that side checked... it could be something broken, but chances are you're just sore. My SO spent like 3 weeks with a pain on her side after she hit herself on a side. X-Rays and everything showed she was ok - just sore, but the tissue between the ribs is kinda delicate and aches when you breath and such.

Nice excuse to get a Giro Xen.
 

·
Gravity Tester
Joined
·
549 Posts
Each time I get a new bike, it seems I crash HARD in the first few rides testing the limits. My MotoLite honeymoon lasted about two weeks before a minor elbow dislocation. I've gone from about 30% range of motion to about 95% since then. That last 5% is a killer though.

I managed to break ribs and collarbone flying my Giant AC1 right after I got it.

Just bought a singlespeed a few weeks ago and guess what? Fell pretty good on a log pile due to a lower BB height. Clearance is fine on the ML. Not so much on the SS. Took the log (s) right under the shoulderblade. Nice huge technicolor hematoma that's slowly migrating down my back. Lovely at the pool - a real conversation starter.

But despite my bike's desires to kill me, I love 'em all. The roadbike hasn't become malicious yet, but I fear the day it gets its first taste if blood. I'm doomed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Warp said:
Your post is worthless without pics, Blackey!
I don't effing believe you until seeing the pieces of the helmet.

Just teasing you, ya know.:D
Heal soon, bro. Get that side checked... it could be something broken, but chances are you're just sore. My SO spent like 3 weeks with a pain on her side after she hit herself on a side. X-Rays and everything showed she was ok - just sore, but the tissue between the ribs is kinda delicate and aches when you breath and such.

Nice excuse to get a Giro Xen.
spy photo of blacky's broken helmet.... I hear he tore up his overalls too :)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blackagness said:
I was haveing fun on my Lite-Moto yesterday, and split my face open, and my knees as big as a softball. I did something wierd to my side too, but I can't figure out what yet. I also broke another helmet. Other than that it was another awsome ride on the ML!
BA! So sorry to hear about your crash- hope you are feeling better! :(
 

·
thats right living legend
Joined
·
6,360 Posts
Dangeruss said:
Each time I get a new bike, it seems I crash HARD in the first few rides testing the limits. My MotoLite honeymoon lasted about two weeks before a minor elbow dislocation. I've gone from about 30% range of motion to about 95% since then. That last 5% is a killer though.

I managed to break ribs and collarbone flying my Giant AC1 right after I got it.

Just bought a singlespeed a few weeks ago and guess what? Fell pretty good on a log pile due to a lower BB height. Clearance is fine on the ML. Not so much on the SS. Took the log (s) right under the shoulderblade. Nice huge technicolor hematoma that's slowly migrating down my back. Lovely at the pool - a real conversation starter.

But despite my bike's desires to kill me, I love 'em all. The roadbike hasn't become malicious yet, but I fear the day it gets its first taste if blood. I'm doomed.
Yeah see, I seperated my shoulder about 4 or 5 months ago, and a few months later my right hand went completly numb. Come to find it was a pintched nerv from my shoulder. My hands about 80% better, but I'm still compansating by putting too much wieght on the bars trying to get more feel out of my hand.

So I'm going through this really fast tight rocky rooty section, but we haven't had any rain at all so it's really exposed and eroded, so my tire just lets go. I don't know if the fr let go or my spoke broke causing both to let go but either way I broke a spoke too. It's just that section is so fast and rough, but it's just one of those sections I've realy got dialed, so it was kind of a shock to "go down" through there.

GIG, how did you get pics of my helmet? That's from where it was sitting outside my shower...hmmm?
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
blackagness said:
GIG, how did you get pics of my helmet? That's from where it was sitting outside my shower...hmmm?
Blackey... somebody hacked your PC and sent me a shot of your desktop.... you'd rather get a good anti-spyware with no-limit hunting season. :D
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
Heal up BA, I have finally got rid of the scab on my knee, been there for around 2 months, heal knock heal knock etc etc.

Warp, how are you liking the AM1, getting much ride time on it? you have been quite re your rides................
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Whafe said:
Warp, how are you liking the AM1, getting much ride time on it? you have been quite re your rides................
As a compliment... I have only one ride on the AM1 and I already sold the Magura.

The AM1 is superior. Not a night and day difference, but the AM1 outedged the Phaon in almost any respect (it pedals a bit worse than the Phaon, and if any other setting than DS is selected, the small bump compliance suffers a bit)... but other than that, it's superior. I loved it. I really love the thing. I have nothing but compliments.

In my case, I didn't even waited to further test.. having two forks and needing all the upgrades my bike needs, it was just dumb to have both.

The dough I got for the Phaon got me a pir of Hope hubs... so, my dear Whafe, you not only gifted me with a fork, but also a hubset. :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
Warp said:
As a compliment... I have only one ride on the AM1 and I already sold the Magura.

The AM1 is superior. Not a night and day difference, but the AM1 outedged the Phaon in almost any respect (it pedals a bit worse than the Phaon, and if any other setting than DS is selected, the small bump compliance suffers a bit)... but other than that, it's superior. I loved it. I really love the thing. I have nothing but compliments.

In my case, I didn't even waited to further test.. having two forks and needing all the upgrades my bike needs, it was just dumb to have both.

The dough I got for the Phaon got me a pir of Hope hubs... so, my dear Whafe, you not only gifted me with a fork, but also a hubset. :thumbsup:
Great to hear, sorry to hijak the thread fella's. We want to see some pics Warp with the new bits n pieces please!

Well am off to sleep, will be riding my a s s off as you guys are going to sleep, as you wake up, I will have done my 5 hours riding. Hope it isnt over 100 deg F tomorrow. Hopefully will get some action pics, wish someone else would take a camera............ Anyways, have a great Friday evening all. See ya when you are all a little older...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Am going to try and do the whole ride without changing the travel on the Pike.....I promise:eekster:
 

·
thats right living legend
Joined
·
6,360 Posts
FM said:
BA! So sorry to hear about your crash- hope you are feeling better! :(
Thanks Bro! Wish I'd at least had the excuse of doing a few hours of trail work. Is it just me or is it the better aggro rider you get you have fewer mishaps, but when you do there alway's catastrophic.
 

·
thats right living legend
Joined
·
6,360 Posts
Ha Ha!!!

Warp said:
Blackey... somebody hacked your PC and sent me a shot of your desktop.... you'd rather get a good anti-spyware with no-limit hunting season.
I'll refrain from posting any pics of you in a sumbrerow "sorry spelling" sitting under a cactus taking a nap...;)
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
blackagness said:
Is it just me or is it the better aggro rider you get you have fewer mishaps, but when you do there alway's catastrophic.
You're spot on, Blackey... Just like bullets, it's not the soil that hurts, it's the speed you hit it with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
blackagness said:
Thanks Bro! Wish I'd at least had the excuse of doing a few hours of trail work. Is it just me or is it the better aggro rider you get you have fewer mishaps, but when you do there alway's catastrophic.
yeah, I agree.. taking bigger risks= bigger consequences.

I guess the only way around it is too wear pads all the time, maybe a FF helmet too, depending on the terrain....
 

·
thats right living legend
Joined
·
6,360 Posts
Dude!

FM said:
yeah, I agree.. taking bigger risks= bigger consequences.

I guess the only way around it is too wear pads all the time, maybe a FF helmet too, depending on the terrain....
You read my mind. I came dangerously close to breaking my nose, the bridg was bleeding all the way home. Now if I could only find one that is at least somewhat practical...
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
blackagness said:
You read my mind. I came dangerously close to breaking my nose, the bridg was bleeding all the way home. Now if I could only find one that is at least somewhat practical...
Yeah... I'm wishing for something alike too... but FF's are either too heavy, too expensive or too hot. Some are the three of them.

There's a huge market for that. Helmets have not grown at the pace of aggressive XC, AM or light FR (whatever you wanna call it) needs.

There are some like the Met Parachute... but it won't be cheap.

Anytime soon on the bike, Blackey? Or was it just a bad landing and you're ready for the next one?

Anyhow... heal soon, bro.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top