Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got an 05 talas RLC for my moto-lite and I'm haveing some trouble setting it up. I've got an RP3 on the back and I can't seem to get them to matchup. I had an 04 psylo on there befor "sl" I think it was very plush but way to much. I weigh 180lb and at first the TALAS was way to harsh at high speeds then I think I got it feeling pretty good but it seems like the RP3 in back started feeling really harsh. Ive got the sag on the talas" at 22mm as recomended by the FOX manuel and the RP3 at a half inch as recomended by Titus. If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about I would really appreciate any help you could give Ive gotten some great tips and advise fom the great peopl on here before. Thank you so much... BTW The talas is very confodenc inspiring on this bike compared to the psylo.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
How much travel are you running on the talas? 22mm is too little for the 100 or 130mm setting which would explain the harshness. Try setting the sag to 25% of the travel set and even as much as 33% at full extension.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,591 Posts
Hecubus said:
How much travel are you running on the talas? 22mm is too little for the 100 or 130mm setting which would explain the harshness. Try setting the sag to 25% of the travel set and even as much as 33% at full extension.
I weigh 170 with gear, and I set my RP3 at 190-195 and the Talas at 70-75. Feels plush to me.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
1/2" is way too much on the rr shock. that is 33% sag. I wonder if you're bottoming out.

i'm 155lbs and i am at 150-160psi on the rr shock. I typically run the rp3 lever in the soft position, although i haven't noticed that much difference between soft and middle positions.

On the front, make sure that sag setting is set at FULL Talas extension, 130mm.

·
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't thank you enough

I just got in from after work ride and I counldn't believe all the great tips it's such a relief to see that I'm doing something wrong. I'll try all the tips and check back. So far ya'll have really come through for me and I can't thank you enough!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was the guy parked beside you in the pickup truck

I was just wondering how many Motolite's there could be in Alabama. I was riding a Titus Ti softtail singlespeed. We talked for a few minutes. You have a nice looking bike. I also have a Switchblade for rides when I need more than a softtail singlespeed.

If you are ever in Atlanta and looking to hook up for some North Georgia, Tennessee or North Carolina rides, let me know. I usually ride with a group that regularly does Tanasi, Chilhowie, Bear Creek and Bull Mountain. We have a trip planned for Pisgah next week.

Carl

·
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Abaolutly!

DirtHog said:
I was just wondering how many Motolite's there could be in Alabama. I was riding a Titus Ti softtail singlespeed. We talked for a few minutes. You have a nice looking bike. I also have a Switchblade for rides when I need more than a softtail singlespeed.

If you are ever in Atlanta and looking to hook up for some North Georgia, Tennessee or North Carolina rides, let me know. I usually ride with a group that regularly does Tanasi, Chilhowie, Bear Creek and Bull Mountain. We have a trip planned for Pisgah next week.

Carl
Yea I started thinking that must be you. I've been dieing to get the ML up to some real trails I work so much I don't really know that many peopl that ride. Seriously let me know when you guys go and wether it's this time or next I'm there" anytime. Really thats just the kinda thing I've been meaning to look into. Thanks...

·
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
zorg said:
I weigh 170 with gear, and I set my RP3 at 190-195 and the Talas at 70-75. Feels plush to me.
So what ya'll are saying is I'm running too much air in the front and not enough in the back. Just want to get everything I can strait.Thanks again soooo much for you're help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.