Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
jonelli said:
Hi i am 6 foot tall, would a med moto lite be ok or would you go large many thanks.
I'm positive it may fit you well... but what's your inseam, what bike do you ride now and how do you feel on it?

Fit relates to many things more than just height. Please provide more info, so more folks chime in and give you better guidance.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
6 foot, need more info, but would bet that you would go with a large.. Welcome to try mine for size if you are in Spain.....

Jonelli, give us a bit more bully on your stats bro........

·
I rode 'Whistler XC'
507 Posts
I'm 5'11" with 33" inseam. Ride a large with 100mm stem and straight Thomson seatpost.

Fits like a glove. I could make a medium work with layback seatpost and maybe longer stem, but then the seatpost would extend over Titus recommended maximum(8-9inches) above the seattube so that's why i had to go large.

Love the bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Unless you like really tight bikes, the Large is probably the way to go. Any chance of getting a test ride? That's the only way to know of sure.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Theoretical analysis...

jonelli said:
Inseam 33'' Ride a turner Flux large at moment. Top Tube 3/4'' shorter on motolite. Will this mater.

many thanks je
The large MotoLite is almost identical top tube to the large Flux. The medium MotoLite is .95" shorter than the large Flux. Typically, you want a slightly longer top tube/short stem on a longer travel bike anyway. So unless you thought the top tube on the Flux was waaaay too long, the Large MotoLite is the one.

·
Registered
631 Posts
MintSauce said:
I'm 5'11" with 33" inseam. Ride a large with 100mm stem and straight Thomson seatpost.

Fits like a glove. I could make a medium work with layback seatpost and maybe longer stem, but then the seatpost would extend over Titus recommended maximum(8-9inches) above the seattube so that's why i had to go large.

Love the bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My situation is exactly the same as MintSauce. Same dimensions. I also ride a large ML based on recs from both dealer and Titus. Same cockpit setup with straight post and 100mm stem. My ML feels pretty darn nice but I never have had the chance to ride a medium. Seems that if I had a med everything would be maxed. Sooper long stem and layed back post stickin' way up there. Doesn't sound ideal, but like I said, I never gave it a try....

cheers,
simp

·
Registered
9,694 Posts
When considering the top tube, the Large would be the way to go but that is a very tall seatube on the Large. Make sure you're okay with that. I generally let the TT dictate the size but I really think you should at least sit on both- a medium and a large. That way, you don't get any surprises since the ML seattube is pretty tall and it feels big- almost like the XL of other brands. At first glance, it is over 1.5" longer/taller than the large Flux. I think the medium ML has about the same seatube length as the large Flux.

What color are you thinking about- or have you gone that far yet?:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Titus ML2 frame size?

What titus ML2 frame size should I get?

I'm 5'10 and tried the fit system at wrenchscience.com, here are the results...

WS Recommended Sizes
Frame Size center-to-center: 16 in
Frame Size center-to-top: 17 in
Overall Reach: 67.50 cm
Saddle Height: 69.53 cm
Handlebar Width: 46 cm

Your Measurements
Height: 70.00 in
Sternum Notch: 57.00 in
Inseam Length: 31.00 in
Arm Lenght: 24.00 in
Shoulder Width: 19.00 in
Flexiblity: 10
Weight: 205.00 lbs
Foot Size: 10.50 USMens

Thx.... Daniel

·
GASing
508 Posts
I have a 110mm 6deg stem. The cockpit length is perfect for me. The front end gets light on steep climbs, and the 110 lets get forward to keep the weight properly distributed. I'm thinking of trying a shorter stem for better downhill and jump control.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
you are definitely in that grey area.

with the medium you will have less range of setup options as you will probably be running a longer stem in order keep your weight centered. the large, you will be able to shift things a little more either way. also depends on your preferred trails and riding position.

some people in-between go with the smaller of the two frames for more control and a shorter wheelbase. others like the added stability of a longer wheelbase and more forgiving controls.

best advice is to ride both and if possible play with stem/seat configurations until the choice becomes clear.

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
salimoneus said:
you are definitely in that grey area.

with the medium you will have less range of setup options as you will probably be running a longer stem in order keep your weight centered. the large, you will be able to shift things a little more either way. also depends on your preferred trails and riding position.

some people in-between go with the smaller of the two frames for more control and a shorter wheelbase. others like the added stability of a longer wheelbase and more forgiving controls.

best advice is to ride both and if possible play with stem/seat configurations until the choice becomes clear.
Well said. I ride both sizes (5'10", 33" inseam) and can set up either to suit me. I tend toward large frames to give me more cockpit room. I may be giving up some handling.
I am thinking of splitting the difference on a custom ti.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'd go for the large. I am 5' 9.5" with a 32" inseam. I rented/demo'd a large, and afterwards, was actually sized up for the large by a very reputable dealer. I ended up buying the large, but found it to be a bit too big for my liking. I even did the Competitive Cyclist fit calculator and found that a large was pretty close to the right size. Given that you have 2" more of heigh and an inch of inseam over me, I would definitely go for the large.

For what it's worth, I ended up selling the large 2006 frame and, with Biker Bob's help, bought a medium 2007 frame. I'm a very happy camper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.