Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm shopping around for a new bike and I noticed that the Competitice cyclist has a complete moto-lite for only $2400 :shocked: I suppose I have two questions
1) Where are Titus frames made... the actual frabrication.
2) Has anyone ever puchased this shockingly low priced build and how is it? The spec isn't top notch, and it won't be the lightest, but hey, it's a great bike for the price, or am I wrong? Thanks!

Matt

·
GASing
508 Posts
Matt, the $2400 Motolite complete is a killer deal! I almost went for one. The kit is pretty good. There's nothing really great in it, but there's nothing really bad either. It will get the job done, but with no bling factor.

Give the usual suspects (bikerbob and redbarn) a call. There was talk of a few Motolite completes with some upgraded parts for the same price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, I recently purchased the Motolite complete. It's a tremendous value. While it does not have the 2007 Titus carbon rear end, it's a great way to get into a high end bike. As the components wear out you can replace them. Nothing on the bike is generic or non-branded. The Maxm components are very close in weight to other brands.

I have only been able to ride it a couple times. But it's way more fun than my Giant NRS was! It feels very solid (makes the NRS feel "toy like"). I'm still working on suspension settings, saddle height and fore/aft position, and stem height. Using a bathroom scale (me by myself, then with the bike), it weighs 30-31 pounds. My NRS weighed 30 pounds with mechanical disc brakes, Stan's tubeless, 2.1 front tire vs. 2.35 on Titus, 80 mm fork versus 140 mm TALAS Fox.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Bobly & Chad where are you when the forum needs you ???????????????? LOL

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
matteus said:
1) Where are Titus frames made... the actual frabrication.
Long story short...
Front Triangle: Taiwan at Kinesys with Worth USA Made tubing and welding rods.
Rear End: Tempe, AZ.
Assembled: Tempe, AZ.

matteus said:
2) Has anyone ever puchased this shockingly low priced build and how is it? The spec isn't top notch, and it won't be the lightest, but hey, it's a great bike for the price, or am I wrong? Thanks!

Matt
The Complete ML is THE bike to beat.

Great components all around (not the best, but has quality where it should be, like brakes, suspension and wheels) attached to one of the "benchmarks" frames in the 5" arena.

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Yes its an awesome deal.........

Yes the front triangle is welded in Taiwan.......

Yes it's an awesome bike..........

No we're not bias on this forum.......

Yes Chad and Bob are awesome Titus dealmakers......(some of us are for Chad, some of us are for Bob,.....but Competitive and Hammerhead are 2 other great dealers as well so we don't get one sided here......)

The complete motolite is priced competetively against the big boy generic bikes.......so you make the call.........

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Warp said:
Never to forget the 'Goat and Hammerhead... ;)
Well you know my biasness towards Montana there......He's actually the only good Titus dealer near me;)(14 hour drive) .......plus he gives me fleet/bulk buy deals I just can't refuse........and I hate to say it does have other bike brands I like so if I ever ditch you guys for a Turner/Ventana/Knolly/Strong/Ellsworth......I know I'm in good hands....:rolleyes:

·
Paper or plastic?
10,693 Posts
If you could talk to your LBS to swap the X.7 for X.9 or better, the bike would be damn near perfect.

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Motolite Complete

I was impressed with the new brown complete Motolite. Especially since they shipped me a few with some free upgrades due to shortages from SRAM and Fox.
They are now pretty hard to find. Shortages are still there. A few weeks may change that.
The way I look at is that Titus has developed an award-winning bike for about $8000 with custom titanium/Exogrid/carbon frame and XTR build. And they manage to make and sell virtually the same thing with aluminum tubing and SRAM X7 for $5500 less. The actual difference in performance will be minimal. Maybe a couple pounds of weight savings due to high end componetry. A few hundred well placed dollars can cut the gram difference in half.
Let's see Moots or Seven do that.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.