Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
3701 - 3720 of 3847 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got my medium green Sturgis yesterday. I'm 5'9.5" with about a 32" inseam and it seems to fit perfectly. It's a great bike, very well made with welds and frame design every bit as good as the Trek Farley I've built/ridden at less than half the price. I've only ridden it around the house today but it seems to handle great. This is the best deal on a bike I've seen in a while and I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence. Mine weighs about 34.5 lbs without pedals so I hope to reduce weight by going tubeless and swapping bars, post, stem, and going with some sort of lighter rim strip or tape. Will be working on all that in the next week or so and will post results. Get one!!

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Got my medium green Sturgis yesterday. I'm 5'9.5" with about a 32" inseam and it seems to fit perfectly. It's a great bike, very well made with welds and frame design every bit as good as the Trek Farley I've built/ridden at less than half the price. I've only ridden it around the house today but it seems to handle great. This is the best deal on a bike I've seen in a while and I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence. Mine weighs about 34.5 lbs without pedals so I hope to reduce weight by going tubeless and swapping bars, post, stem, and going with some sort of lighter rim strip or tape. Will be working on all that in the next week or so and will post results. Get one!!
Wow...that green is nice!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice! I recently ordered a NightTrain bullet. I'm the same size and also ordered a M. I've not received a confirmation email and even inquired via email but nothing.....is that normal?
I got an email confirmation about 2 days after I placed my order on 10-8. Also got a couple emails with updates about the arrival of the containers and when the bikes would be sorted and shipped. Good communication in my opinion.

·
burnedthetoast
224 Posts
Looks great, Ohfugit! Is that a small? If you don't mind me asking how tall are you and what size do you ride? Trying to decide between small and medium and I am right between as I have ridden bikes between 575mm and 595mm effective top tubes (lines up basically right on the small and medium of the NTB). I'm 5'7" with a 30in inseam. Not sure if I want to run a longer or shorter stem on a fat bike with front suspension. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Same height and inseam as you. Have a medium Sturgis. First good ride today and felt right at home. That said a small probably wouldn't be horrible either.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Took my FB4 out for it's first winter ride up in Maine this weekend. I ride at this fun, twisty, hilly, rooty, rocky trail network and it had about an inch of snow in some places and lots of wet rocks and slippery roots. The FB4 with On One Floaters just cruised right thru everything. Amazing. No slipping. I thought I might miss the full suspension I normally ride with, but the fat bike was fine. It might have actually been easier to ride on the fat bike vs my full suspension 29er. I'm not sure if it was faster, but the bike never wanted to slide out or get stuck on anything. I have it set up as a 2x9 and the gearing was perfect. All in all pretty happy with the bike, look forward to some more snow riding, hopefully later in the week.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I took my FB4 Pro with new Bud and Lou tires out in the snow yesterday and today. Yesterday I had way too little air in the tires and it really taxed my legs peddling. Like 5 psi. So today I pumped them up to 10 front and 12 back. Wow that thing really had some speed. I had to actually use my brakes. I love these tires. I have to be honest that the rear rubs the chain in granny gear but I only use it for a few seconds to climb or get through deep snow so it's no biggy. I could actually not use that gear at all and still get through anything. Just use more muscle. So yeah these tires are fricken beefy. It looks weird seeing that big a$$ front tire at first. But these tires do not slip. Only on ice. If it's snow, they grab. Climbing is a no slip experience. And don't worry if you veer off the trail, you can just peddle through the nasty stuff and get back on the trail. I never had to put my feet down the entire 8 miles today. Looking forward to some more snow this winter.

·
Registered
599 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
It would be nice if BD could source better wheels. That's the one thing that I would have liked different about the Boris X9 (that and tires). Much rather pay another $200 for those options.

Thinking tubeless and low pressure.

Just got back in from another trail ride in Dash Pt. State Park, near Federal Way Wa. Frozen leaves, lots of short steep hills and a bit of snow. It is a really nice bike. Don't think I'd ever consider changing the frameset, unless the Carbon Fairy decided to visit.

My boys are really grateful for the extra stand over height. A couple of time they almost went home crying, and would have without the extra inch.

3701 - 3720 of 3847 Posts