Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having trouble with Motionbased this week?
I couldn't add a ride on Monday and I tried today and still can't add a ride.

This is what keeps happening:
A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again or return to the MotionBased Home Page

·
Registered
106 Posts
I believe the hand held Garmins are still not supported by Garmin Connect and Motion Based is a thing of the past. We're in Limbo? I called Garmin last month and they told me that Garmin Connect would support hand held in the future but could not give me a date. They said to keep checking. :sleep:

·
Registered
977 Posts
SPINSTOKED said:
I believe the hand held Garmins are still not supported by Garmin Connect and Motion Based is a thing of the past. We're in Limbo? I called Garmin last month and they told me that Garmin Connect would support hand held in the future but could not give me a date. They said to keep checking. :sleep:
The handheld support (at least for etrex, 60csx, etc...NOT Colorado, Dakota, Oregon) is to use a third party vendor such as topofusion or gpsbabel to get the .gpx file off your gps. Then you manually upload that file to Garmin connect.

Oh yeah, and that hasn't worked either for the last few days. Comes back with an error and "try again" (...and again and again and again)

I will say that I am encouraged by the features that have been added to garmin connect over the past year or so. If they can sort out a few bugs (and maybe figure out how to do a direct upload with the above gps's) I'll like it pretty well.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,356 Posts
Garmin is taking too long to get GC running. The .gpx upload worked fine when they first added the feature...but I haven't messed with it since. I put my file uploads elsewhere. runsaturday is pretty nice, IMO. the developer is very open to suggestions and feature requests. it's just a 1 man crew, but it's pretty solid.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
motion based migration issues

Just a heads up garmin migrated the stuff I had left on motion based to garmin connect but some stuff got lost in the translation

here on mb a 16 mile road bike ride at lbi
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8453291

on connect it became .19 mile, yet the map shows the same route
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/8297717

i'm currently using mostly connect but also everytrail. thanks for run saturday i made a log in

i also created an account w/ training peaks but haven't really cheked it out yet. they keep sending me emails regarding work outs I've planned in the future. i might try it in the spring but now the weather's too unpredcitable:(

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,486 Posts
Only problem I have with connect at the minute is trying to search for rides by zooming the map to an area wasn't working last time I tried it. I only upload notable rides, certainly don't bother uploading everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.