Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motionbased to desktop to training center to 705........
Is this the easiest way to get a course onto your 705 or is there a more efficient way??
Also.. I have about 5 hours invested in this thing(705) trying to figure it out and feel I havent even scatched the surface. How long did it take you guys to be able to work worth this thing(705) efficiently

·
GeoMan
1,706 Posts
brodie1977 said:
Motionbased to desktop to training center to 705........
Is this the easiest way to get a course onto your 705 or is there a more efficient way??
Also.. I have about 5 hours invested in this thing(705) trying to figure it out and feel I havent even scatched the surface. How long did it take you guys to be able to work worth this thing(705) efficiently
Motionbased is a great way to upload data to your 705 but there are others too. Ascent (for Mac) and Topofusion (PC) are two great examples. There are more and we've assembled some of the more obvious solutions on our website (see "GeoMan's GPS Links" at the bottom of our home page).

I use the 705 several times per week (more in the summer months) and consider my use "efficient". You can make it as simple or complex as you want. Sounds like you are a "power user" - looking for the ability to upload tracks and other user's data onto your Edge. Cool! File format is the only real issue and conversions are relatively simple using a variety of utilities (see the link I mentioned above).

As you have surmised, Motionbased is owned by Garmin... It is in their best interests to see that it works very well for you. Plus the Motionbased forums are very helpful.

Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.