Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 21# Orbea Oiz with a 2007 100mm Reba Team w/ world cup lower and poploc @ 1600grams w/o poploc. I am looking at a new fork to cut some weight and after being away from Mt Biking a couple of year (health issues) and would like know the difference between my courrent Motion Control and the newer Black box MC and the XX motion Control. My reba is fine for the croos country riding and plan on racing again later this season, how does the 2010-11 sid conpare to the older reba in terms of stiffness? Sid ? new Reba ? or Push rebuild my Reba ?

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Spin Cycle said:
I have a 21# Orbea Oiz with a 2007 100mm Reba Team w/ world cup lower and poploc @ 1600grams w/o poploc. I am looking at a new fork to cut some weight and after being away from Mt Biking a couple of year (health issues) and would like know the difference between my courrent Motion Control and the newer Black box MC and the XX motion Control. My reba is fine for the croos country riding and plan on racing again later this season, how does the 2010-11 sid conpare to the older reba in terms of stiffness? Sid ? new Reba ? or Push rebuild my Reba ?
I don't know about the XX Motion Control, but Darren @ Push told me that the BB MC is a "nice upgrade" from the standard MC. He explained to me what the difference was, I think it was something about shimmed rebound but I don't recall off the top of my head.

Regardless, I have a Pike with MC and a Revelation with BB MC and the BB MC feels better on the trail, softer on the little bumps and overall more refined.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The XX is also a shimmed rebound (dual-flow), however, it does not have the Ti dual-flow compression damper as the "Team" (or, for 2011, the RLT Ti) model does. If you're going to race and want a remote lockout, the XX is the way to go (what I run). If the remote lockout doesn't matter, the Team model will work perfectly. Most probably couldn't tell the difference on the trail.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Just bear in mind that anything with a poploc / pushloc or XX system means you lose compression adjustment. You only get two settings - fully closed or wide open. If you have a poploc adjust or a comp adjustment now on your rebas and you like a setting other than wide open or closed, it will suck to loose this functionality. You can however, use a poploc adjust with a BB MC damper (ditching the poploc/pushloc).

Why on earth Rockshox thinks its an "upgrade" to loose compression adjustment is beyond me.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TigWorld said:
Just bear in mind that anything with a poploc / pushloc or XX system means you lose compression adjustment. You only get two settings - fully closed or wide open. If you have a poploc adjust or a comp adjustment now on your rebas and you like a setting other than wide open or closed, it will suck to loose this functionality. You can however, use a poploc adjust with a BB MC damper (ditching the poploc/pushloc).

Why on earth Rockshox thinks its an "upgrade" to loose compression adjustment is beyond me.
I have the standard poploc on my Reba now and for racing it's nice on climbs, so whats the advantage of the XX over the RTL ti model if they are both dual flow ? why would you give up your compression damping adjustment, just trying to see the logic ?

Can Anyone commet on the newer sids w/32mm stachions vs. Reba regarding stiffness as I am 190-200 # ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
TigWorld said:

This thread is relevant to my thoughts:D

I have RLT Ti, if I am reading this correctly, I can't add a pop/push/xloc remote? If I can add the remote lockout I lose my compression to either locked or wide open?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.