Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mother's Day @ SJT

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Upchuck 
#1 ·
Sunday at SJT. The lollipop loop is looking nice and chunky after all of the rain. It's better than ever! Most of these pics are of the "Trough Turn" on the return loop back to Cocktail Rock.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
We were there on Saturday

Rode the lollipop clockwise from cocktail rock. Most of it was rideable, but the very last bit on the return to cocktail rock was too rutted and loose for my talents on the SS. Had tons of fun though...lots of bushwhacking, fresh PO all over the place, and of course - the epic singletrack descent of SJT! Great stuff!

Nice pics Aqua...

D

#3 ·
Me too.

My first time at San Juan Trail was Sunday. I just did the stick of the lollipop and turned around at cocktail rock. This is a fun trail with enough ruts to keep my eyes on the trail and not the scenery. Very cool. I need to check out the rest of trails there.

Thanks for the great pics.

C

#4 ·
Craig,

good to hear you made it out there. my foot is getting better and should be ready by this weekend. im trying to convince FXRob to ride SJT, but he is saying its suppose to be warm. there is so much fun to be had up past cocktail rock, hopefully we can hit it this weekend!

-bret

#5 ·
Last time there

was during one of the breaks between storms.I had taken the ss and was having a really great day/ride. On the way down my gearie friends had out distanced me and I was playing follow the leader. I hit one particular section that has a fairly long straight away but has a rut right down the middle.I decided to take the high side and ride the lip and to stay out of the rut. Like I said it was a really good day of riding and I thought this might be the perfect opportunity to gain some ground on my friends so I pedeled till I spun out and then aimed her downhill.I was riding the lip and my spped was building.I was going faster then I had ever gone on this type of trail when BAM, my tire slid off into the rut.It launched me in no time and I was airborne.I'm not kidding I had time to think as I was flying through the air,"this is gonna hurt". I managed to tuck and get ready for the impact. Suddenly I was stopping.I landed in the bushes on the side of the trail and didn't even get a scratch.Not a sinle scratch and I couldn't believe how gently I had landed in these bushes that don't even bend. I pulled myself out of the bushes laughing out loud as another rider came down the hill.He looked at me kind of funny and asked if I was alright and I told him,"couldn't be better". He then sped away.I have no doubt he thought I was nuts standing there in the middle of SJT laughing and pulling my bike out of the bushes.

#6 ·
Pain Freak said:
was during one of the breaks between storms.I had taken the ss and was having a really great day/ride. On the way down my gearie friends had out distanced me and I was playing follow the leader. I hit one particular section that has a fairly long straight away but has a rut right down the middle.I decided to take the high side and ride the lip and to stay out of the rut. Like I said it was a really good day of riding and I thought this might be the perfect opportunity to gain some ground on my friends so I pedeled till I spun out and then aimed her downhill.I was riding the lip and my spped was building.I was going faster then I had ever gone on this type of trail when BAM, my tire slid off into the rut.It launched me in no time and I was airborne.I'm not kidding I had time to think as I was flying through the air,"this is gonna hurt". I managed to tuck and get ready for the impact. Suddenly I was stopping.I landed in the bushes on the side of the trail and didn't even get a scratch.Not a sinle scratch and I couldn't believe how gently I had landed in these bushes that don't even bend. I pulled myself out of the bushes laughing out loud as another rider came down the hill.He looked at me kind of funny and asked if I was alright and I told him,"couldn't be better". He then sped away.I have no doubt he thought I was nuts standing there in the middle of SJT laughing and pulling my bike out of the bushes.
Holy carp! You got lucky! Now why couldn't my landings be that forgiving? Lately I end up with 3-4 wks of PT and OD on muscle relaxants. It sucks getting old. And slow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.