1. Yeti Fro.
2. Merlin Newsboy

Have at it boys and girls. I check in on the wounded later. :D
Play nice.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
RX-1 said:
John also made Mongoose famous for a short period. Just think if he had raced a Huffy.
With what criteria does one rate a bike? nostalgia, ride, weight, durability, history, looks, etc? That's why I like Tomac's old race bikes -so historic and nostalgic. That and they were so damn cool for their day.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
I'd say that there are no "over rated" bikes. Opinions vary on what's a good bike or not a good bike. What might be my "most prized bike" might not make another person's list. We all like different bikes for different reasons, and there's no consensus on what's a good bike and what's not.

·
artistic...
7,608 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
Surely you meant the Litespeed-made retail model. :)
i am sure the merlin made rides and looks SO MUCH better.

·
artistic...
7,608 Posts
bushpig said:
The JT Team Mongoose is an underrated bike I'd say. For me, JT is uniquely iconic as a mountain bike racer. I don't really dig his bikes after the C-26, but that's just me. That said, I'd like one of his personal Raleighs, if no the Litespeed retail version!
That's what i am loooking for right now, as a rider.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Boulder, IRD, Outland, Mtn. Cycle... Pretty much all the early full-suspension adopters who sold wallet-busting works-in-progress as fully thought out next generation stuff.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts