Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
NO Jimmy!That a Bad Jimmy
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The year is almost over what was your most memorable ride or race for 2006

for me it was our road trip to Tas at Easter.
had a blast on Big Bend in Hobart

not jumping the SL AT Glenorchy MTB park

the Blue Tier

Dial Ranges

on the the way home we found this trail behind the parents farm in Yackandaha VIC

·
Registered
520 Posts
1- riding 18 of the 24 hours at the TWP24h with Team Tortoise :D

2- Nerang ride in october with Team Tortoise, damn near killed em. :p

3- Big stack at Daisy which resulted in a cracked helmet :madman:

4- Roadie Rob jump training. :cool:

G

·
running with scissors
91 Posts
Jumps at a local DJ park just the other weekend....no one around*....great fun, just what riding's about for me.

*Bar the 3 kids under 6 that Mum "left" to play on their own - Mother of the Year contender there...

·
Gone riding
3,351 Posts
I haven't done a great deal of riding this year due to Uni, but some of the rides I have managed have been absolutely magic!

There have been a few classics this year come to think of it, but I'll just mention those that have been documented here on MTBR. Some of the photos are mine, others are stolen from Ivan and Ben. Cheers guys!

Dave.

2006 Aussie MTBR Gathering in Canberra.
- Photos were captured by Ivan. It was an awesome weekend, read the thread if you haven't already. What else can I say! Tops! :thumbsup:

Ben Lomond Snow Ride
- Snow + Bikes = Fun! Enough said. :D

Tassie 12 Hour
- It's an awesome event, it gets bigger and better each year. :thumbsup:

Night Rides
- What can I say, it's an addiction. Love it! :D These photos were taken by Ben on an extremely foggy winter's night.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Couldnt have done it better myself Dave. Mind you all those epics i've been on too.

Looking forward to the tassie trail next year. Hope your pack build up is going well :thumbsup:

·
Gone riding
3,351 Posts
I’ll never forget that night ride we did blasting down snake gully with the frost crunching underneath our tyres, and glittering under light like diamonds. Fantastic. :D

The pack and a few things are still in the back of my mind, but I have a few other things on the go to think about first. Mate have I got some trails lined up for us to ride next year though… Should be sweet! :thumbsup:

·
Girt by sea.
464 Posts
I've had several great rides this year, mostly since I moved to Perth. The only one I have documented evidence of was the Alcoa 12hr from a couple of weeks ago. Here's a photo of me hooning along (not my photo, but I was busy at the time ....)

My new Favourite Track is an illegal one in a NP. Supposed to be "walkers only", but why would they want nicely banked corners and jumps? I've ridden it twice now and intend to have more fun at some other time.

Cheers,
Graeme

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats more like it JimmyAU

Im proud of you mate. That is the sort of trivial MOUNTAIN BIKE post we actually are interested in reading and or replying to if you know what I mean.

My most memorable moment would have to be watching a teenage kid have THE BIGGEST high speed "off" right in front of me an a downhill. Man, I feared for both of us at the time but laughed my ass off for a week thinking about the visual spectacular I witnessed. Man, I wish I had helmet cam to share with you guys.

·
Aussie DHer
21 Posts
My favourite this year was when I won the U/19 class at Cedar Creek. It was a great day, which wouldn't have happened without Dillon's help.
:thumbsup:

·
Brisbane, Australia
308 Posts
:thumbsup: ^ that was a 'top-job' that one TD.

My fav 'event' this year of many great, different types of rides was probably the Coffs Harbour trip for a DH race. I was amazed to finish 5th out of 14 Vets with 6" travel on a trail I had gone to only once before. I love those forest-type tracks.
4 of us went down in the 'bangbus' on the Friday night, no complaints with the ride ;) we rode in torrential rain on the Saturday even after the shuttles couldn't get back up , then it miraciously dried up on Sunday morn and we rode and raced ! Monday morn we did it again and then drove home at lunchtime - AWESOME. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
My special moment of the year has to be the first lap at the Scott 24hr.
It started with a 800m run, I used to be a runner but 800m is just a fair way at a fast pace.
At the time I was thinking, do I go hard on the run to get better track position or save myself for the ride. I went hard on the run, turned out to be the wise decision as you get a breather 2ks in at the switchbacks, too many riders at a technical section means congestion. Once thought the switchback though, the pace picked up and got faster as the lap wore on.
So the rest of the 20kms lap is a mixture of singletrack and fireroads, on the fireroads you overtake afew and get overtaken but in the singletrack it was nose to tail flat out riding, trying to stay on the guy in front's wheel, a whole train of riders, noboby making a mistake, great fun:thumbsup:

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,437 Posts
Probably Tuesday's effort, where I flew over the bars, smashed my right shoulder and hit my head on a rock, putting a hole in my near new Catlike helmet. Great way to end the year...

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Sideknob said:
Probably Tuesday's effort, where I flew over the bars, smashed my right shoulder and hit my head on a rock, putting a hole in my near new Catlike helmet. Great way to end the year...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a page right outta my own book dooood !~!

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,437 Posts
All Mountain said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a page right outta my own book dooood !~!
My mate, who was a little behind me, heard my howl of anguish in the distance and thought there was some sort of Wookie or yeti in the area....

:p

Main thing is the bike is OK.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Sideknob said:
My mate, who was a little behind me, heard my howl of anguish in the distance and thought there was some sort of Wookie or yeti in the area....
:crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:

Sideknob said:
Main thing is the bike is OK.

That's right brotha... as long as she makes it !~!

·
Gone riding
3,351 Posts
You know you’re in trouble when you start going quicker then your bike… Its unreal the number of crashes I have seen where the rider has checked the bike for damage before getting medical attention themselves. :D

Bad luck with the helmet too, but at least it did its job! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
574 Posts
That frost on Snake Gully was bloody fantastic wasnt it. I have to get a new light for next year, we've been too slack on the night rides

1 - 20 of 22 Posts