Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where is it, and why is it so gnar? (if it's a secret, don't tell where it is)
Tell your story, post pictures.

·
Registered
783 Posts
the toughest trail that i finally conquered without any bails was boondocks at n* took me forever to figure out how to get in between that rock crevasse

·
Registered
251 Posts
trying to go race pace on the canadian open course in whistler in the rain - didnt go so good.... turns out roots really are as slick as they say...

·
Professional Troll
2,669 Posts
jeng said:
All of em are in Vancouver and my story is too long to type.

But I guess my Cali story is from Santa Barbara down Tunnel when I blew my shock out half way down the trail.
Tunnel is tame compared to some other trails in the Socal vicinity :'(

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
AlexJK said:
Where is it, and why is it so gnar? (if it's a secret, don't tell where it is)
Tell your story.
The one you asked about on the central coast. I've ridden a lot of steep and gnarly stuff. Things that most people wouldn't even consider a trail. Despite all that, nothing ever truly prepares you for it.

·
Seeeriously easy Livin
1,863 Posts
Most gnar trail I've seen is called "oops I forgot the name" also on the central coast a ways north of santa Barbara, be interested to hear how that one compares.

I'd imagine it still pales in comparison to some of the stuff in Utah, like redbull rampage status.

Sorry didn't realize the name of the trail was taboo as well, though I was good with just leaving out location.

·
Registered
985 Posts
EDizzleVR6 said:
the toughest trail that i finally conquered without any bails was boondocks at n* took me forever to figure out how to get in between that rock crevasse
Man, that was my favorite trail at N*. I had a blast going down that and learning along the way.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Flystagg said:
Most gnar trail I've seen is called **** also on the central coast a ways north of santa Barbara, be interested to hear how that one compares.

I'd imagine it still pales in comparison to some of the stuff in Utah, like redbull rampage status.
SHHHH!!!

·
Banned
913 Posts
I'll second Jeng with Tunnel trail in Santa Barbara, but this was back in 1992
with 2.5" travel up front and no suspension in the back....It was a blast then
as I am sure it is now...

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
verticult said:
there is some stuff at Bootleg that is not only steep and technical, if you fall is like landing in a box of saw blades.
Very true. I haven't been there in 2 years and I wonder how it would seem to me now. But there were two trails I didn't want anything to do with then, Poopshoot and Ginger if I remember correctly.

There's one here in CO that some of the local pros get sketched out on. "We should never have built that trail" was one comment I heard riding up in the shuttle truck.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,998 Posts
Gemini2k05 said:
Tunnel is tame compared to some other trails in the Socal vicinity :'(
I agree...just keep ur speed on Tunnel;......ridden on a rigid

1 - 20 of 195 Posts