Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does any one have recommendations as to what would be a comfortable saddle for long rides? My sit bones only measure about 90mm wide so I am guessing a 143mm seat width would probably be too much for me?

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Too personal, but my ass is pretty tight and I find the Charge Spoon saddle to work really well. I run an SDG Falcon on my gravel bike, and find that works as well

·
since 4/10/2009
34,612 Posts
Does any one have recommendations as to what would be a comfortable saddle for long rides? My sit bones only measure about 110mm wide so I am guessing a 143mm seat width would probably be too much for me?
This is simply too individual. You're going to have to try some stuff out.

Try a saddle demo from a shop that offers them. Maybe a parts trade with someone. Or buy some stuff cheap from someone's parts bins, or on clearance somewhere. I've figured out most of the saddle characteristics that work for me, so I can look at a saddle and decide if it's worth buying or not. It'll take some time for you to figure that out for yourself.

·
Fat and bouncy
552 Posts
My recommendation is a 135 WTB Volt saddle. It's not light but I find I can ride on it longer than before when I had a Charge Spoon. YAMV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.