Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
My cup runneth over
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my butt kicked on the Morrison Monster today (Sat) and being the sucker that I am, am wondering what others have done as far as extending the ride to other trail systems (Centennial Cone, 3 Sisters, others?).

·
My cup runneth over
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Added on more of Bear Creek Lake park, Dedisse (got lost so not a lot of it). Bergen Peak and Genesee Park (dirt road). Unfortunately gave up in the rain just outside of Golden so not sure what the full mileage & elevation gain would be. Incomplete, this was 58.8 miles and 8,176 feet of elevation gain. Unhappy with some of the route - need to find a better way from Bergen Peak to Chimney.

Attachments

·
Heads up Flyboy!!
3,165 Posts
Right on! Liking what you did there. I did most of the normal monster this morning. Started at 4:30am as my wife had a gig in Denver at 10:30 and I needed to be home for the kids. Got right at 40 miles myself and home by 9:45am. Also had a front shifter blow up on me while climbing Grapevine and it plagued me the rest of the ride.
A few notes.
Was there a reason you skipped 3 Sisters? That descent to Dedise from Sisters is soo fun. I also plan on adding Evergreen Mtn to it when I do it. There is no better legal way I can think of from Bergen to Chimney Gulch. Road is a given for tying the parks together.

Added on more of Bear Creek Lake park, Dedisse (got lost so not a lot of it). Bergen Peak and Genesee Park (dirt road). Unfortunately gave up in the rain just outside of Golden so not sure what the full mileage & elevation gain would be. Incomplete, this was 58.8 miles and 8,176 feet of elevation gain. Unhappy with some of the route - need to find a better way from Bergen Peak to Chimney.

·
My cup runneth over
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right on! Liking what you did there. I did most of the normal monster this morning. Started at 4:30am as my wife had a gig in Denver at 10:30 and I needed to be home for the kids. Got right at 40 miles myself and home by 9:45am. Also had a front shifter blow up on me while climbing Grapevine and it plagued me the rest of the ride.
A few notes.
Was there a reason you skipped 3 Sisters? That descent to Dedise from Sisters is soo fun. I also plan on adding Evergreen Mtn to it when I do it. There is no better legal way I can think of from Bergen to Chimney Gulch. Road is a given for tying the parks together.
LOL - 4:30 am start - nice.

I couldn't find 3 sisters - I wasn't even sure I rode Dedisse until I looked at the route after. I haven't ridden 3 sisters or Bergen Peak before and was more focused on Bergen as it looked like a kick-ass climb right in the middle of the route (and it was - my legs were screaming on some of the higher sections). (I was also being a little conservative so's not to get completely lost) My guess is that including 3 sisters and Bergen and completing the route will put us over 10,000 feet in elevation gain - one of my goals for this ride.

·
My cup runneth over
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey RMAC, I did this route today to make it up to 65 miles and about 9700 ft of climbing. I'll be doing the Evergreen thing soon!
Excellent. I like it.

I was wondering about including NTM and STM. I wouldn't have guessed they would have added so much elevation gain - nice. Tricky working across to GM from STM?

Edit: nice job down Chimney - you were flying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts