Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go! Anyone want to ride? I get out of work at about 5:30, can be there by 5:45ish. I am on a biggish bike, not going real fast, but having a fun time. Dan, Rick, Malloc, dude in the subaru, ninja marine? I will probably be bringing a newbie too.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Juicy 5. I can't get it set up so the rotor doesn't make contact with the pads on one side. A little bit into the ride, the rotor heats up, warps a bit, and rubs harder, so I'm basically riding with the brakes on. I need a little more room between the pads to work with, but I'm having trouble getting the pistons to sit further back. I've got another rotor, so I'm going to throw that on and see if it helps. It might be a little straighter.

Also, if I can make it Wed, I'm trying to talk my newb friend into coming along as well. Not that I'm much beyond newb status.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no juicy experience

I dont know shiet about juicy's, so I am know help there. Is there a way to open it up a bit by compressing the piston back in? Newb really means nothing, I got my best friend in NJ to by a bike, and his first time he he smoked me like I was illegal! I am bring a guy or 2 who are pretty new too, so that should be a fun ride. Hope your brake works out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
eclark7 said:
Here we go! Anyone want to ride? I get out of work at about 5:30, can be there by 5:45ish. I am on a biggish bike, not going real fast, but having a fun time. Dan, Rick, Malloc, dude in the subaru, ninja marine? I will probably be bringing a newbie too.
malloc (me) == dude in the red subaru. i'll probably be out wednesday with one or two others. we usually keep a pretty strong pace the whole ride, but i might be able to convince them to hang back for a group ride.

are you planning on doing the main 14 mile loop with some of the side trails? last time i went we ended up hitting ********** and indian, and we found a trail over the guard rail on morris bridge road just past the bridge that hooks back into the main trail that was a little interesting (saw a swamp club guy take it one day, figured i would explore it).

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey malloc

Hey man, you guys go roast the trails bro, another buddy is coming from work on his "yardsale" bike, his term, not mine. I can't imagine we are gonna even hit all the trails on the morris bridge side, let alone the 14 mile loop. I think I missed washboard last time i was there, so I am going to look for that tomorrow. I will be riding at Alafia this weekend if you want to go on a better paced ride. Anyone around the Tampa area interested in heading up to Santos either on monday or maybe next weekend? I want to go hit the reds, and play on the jumps/drops, and hate the idea of driving by myself.
erik

·
Registered
312 Posts
Washboard's a short, misnamed trail. Nothing special, but I'll show it to you. What other ones have you ridden? When I go there, I pretty much try to not ride the main loop at all, except when I need to connect side trails. Depending on where I park, I usually ride Misery to Indian to Techno Pig/Piglet, back up to Indian the other direction, and the *********. Then I see how I feel. I would think someone on a yardsale bike would be fine on pretty much any of the trails out there. I'll be solo, since my friend is going to be out of town.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I rode almost everything else in there, but is was definitely a wandering no flow kind of ride. I would be glad to have a guide to show me the good directions on stuff. Did you get your brake issue addressed??

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't know how good of a ride guide I'll be, but I know my way around OK. I haven't even messed with my brake yet, but I'm sure I'll be able to get it working decently. If not, I'll just have to pedal harder. Doesn't sound like it's going to be too fast paced anyway. At least if my rotor's squealing, sirmalloc's fast group will hear us coming.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2ish here

I am waiting to hear from one still. I will be there at 540ish, one dude will get there right at 6, and I might have to be out at 7. What crap. See ya tonight. Blue xterra with jokers on the back.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rick... yup, i will park at hole lot, and same with me on the going in if no one is there. I will head in to that little gully, and see what lines I can find.

Erich... you focker!! I wish I could ditch work and ride tomorrow!! Have a good ride, ya bastid.

·
Registered
38 Posts
rb_daniel said:
I'd probably prefer to stay in the Morris Bridge section, and hit most of the side trails, as opposed to the main trail. Indian is my fave, and I usually ride it both directions, sometimes more than once. I like the pigs and *********, too. Misery is alright, but I still don't understand why it's called that.
I'm cool with those trails. I've been enjoying the small elevation changes on ********* and Indian recently, and Techno Pig is always a favorite. My friend and I are probably going to break off and hit the other 10 miles across the road at some point, whoever is up for it is welcome to join us.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry guys

What a freakin ride. I went so slow that mosquitos were biting me even when I was rolling. I knew my buddy had a yardsale bike, but I did not know quite how yardsale!! I will definitely hook up some other day for a fun ride. Rick, I want to hit up Santos possibly this weekend. Send me an email at my home addy [email protected] with a cell number or something, and I will give you a call to try to set it up.
erik

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.