Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thursday Morning Ride Report:

At 6:AM Deer Creek was quiet but amazingly we weren't the first ones there. Andy and I were on the trail by 6:10am dealing with the rocky lower section. We each took a stab at "The Wall", but neither of us made it much past the first water bar.

There was a jackhammer and what may have been a generator parked about the middle of it so it looks like some trail work is imminent. This section is such a challenge (impossible to climb, treacherous to descend) I can't decide if I want it "fixed" or left as a challenge. As I said, I didn't clean it on the way up ( I had to carry my bike to where it gets sane ), but we both managed to ride down it without incident.

Anyway, we rode up and did once around Red Mesa loop, and then hammered it down back to the lot. No Plymouth Mt loop this time because we both lamely decided we needed to get to work early.

The trail was empty, the temperature was cool, and traffic was fast going to and from. It was an awesome ride.

Anyone up for next Tuesday?

Ed

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a plan yet for sure, but it's likely that we'll ride mt falcon. It's pretty easy for us Denveroids to get to and then to work. Watch this space.

I may ride some morning this weekend too, but that's TBD.

I see you're up in Evergreen. Does Falcon sound good to you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.