Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I want to finalize the list for reserving campsites at Morgantown this week and so far here’s who I think is coming

DAVIS
CAPT_PHUN
TSVAUGHN
TRAVISTHEONE plus friend

I have a couple of friends wanting to go. One from Pittsburg and another here local. LILTOMMY, you still wanting to attend? You'll have fun!

LOWCEL, I still say you can make it for a day at least. That race isn't until Sunday and this would be good warm up. :p

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
I'm still a "go"...

Just had to double check the dates, but I think I'm good for that weekend. The only possible thing that may prevent me from attending is the fact that I do not yet know what dates Pocahontas County is holding the annual Pioneer Days celebration. I simply can't miss Pioneer Days. I'll try to find out ASAP as to when that is going on.

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
If every publically intoxicated person at Pioneer Days was arrested, Marlinton's population would be in the single digits.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The date sould be.....

June 23,24,25 and 26. That's Thursday to Sunday. Hope to see everyone there. I reckon that there will be about 6 or so people there. Other's don't know what they're missing! :D

·
yelgatgab
459 Posts
crashedandburned said:
June 23,24,25 and 26. That's Thursday to Sunday. Hope to see everyone there. I reckon that there will be about 6 or so people there. Other's don't know what they're missing! :D
I just moved away from Morgantown less than 2 weeks ago. What are you guys planning on riding?

Also, is LowCel Bruce from Charleston?

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
I work in Charleston, actually live about 20 miles north on I-77 though.

Just checked out your profile, nice bike choice. A guy around here has the same bikes, your name isn't Drew by any chance is it? Nice choice on favorite trail as well, Pine Ridge is awesome. My avatar picture is from that trail.

·
yelgatgab
459 Posts
LowCel said:
Just checked out your profile, nice bike choice. A guy around here has the same bikes, your name isn't Drew by any chance is it? Nice choice on favorite trail as well, Pine Ridge is awesome. My avatar picture is from that trail.
Yeah dude, I'm Drew.

That's weird, I didn't know so many KSF locals posted on here. Do I know pipedream as well?

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Not sure if you know him or not. I've never met him myself.

Anyway, how ya been? Hope I get to ride with you some again this year, watching you ride always amazes me.

crashedandburn - Drew is one of the people that actually ride the expert downhill trail at KSF.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LowCel said:
crashedandburn - Drew is one of the people that actually ride the expert downhill trail at KSF.
Damn....Drew rides that freaking trail???? Cool. You're more than welcome to join us in Morgantown. The basic plan is to ride WVU Forest side Friday. Drink, be merry Friday evening. Maybe a night ride. Ride saturday at Coopers. repeat Firday night and depending how people fell Sunday do a ride at either place Sunday. I haven't ridden WVU side for a couple yrs so I hope the trails haven't shanged too much. :D

LilTommy, Sorry to hear about the leg dude. Saw your post about being a "real" biker. I feel your pain, but want to know something funny? A couple people are now asking me about bikes because they "want to get into shape" *BWAHAHAHAHA...* A couple of these were they typical "real men don't ride bicycle types".

·
yelgatgab
459 Posts
LowCel said:
Anyway, how ya been? Hope I get to ride with you some again this year, watching you ride always amazes me.
Been good, yourself? I appreciate the kind words, and I'd love to do some riding w/ you, but me and the fiance moved to Salt Lake City a few weeks ago. I'm trying to get back to WV later in the summer for a few days at Snowshoe. If that happens, I'll get a hold of you and try to do a couple days at The Forest.

crash, thanks for the invite, but I'm a long ways from Morganhole now. I was just curious what you guys had in mind for some riding.

Fortunately got 2 days riding at KSF before I left for Utah. Rode the "Trail of Death" w/ the superintendent the first day, then a killer XC ride the following day. Definitely made leaving that much harder. I got some pics around here somewhere, if I find the I'll post 'em....in another thread, sorry for the hijack :)

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Well at least you are pretty close to Moab I guess. Have you made it out there yet? I was there this time last year and I can't wait to go back.

Definately get ahold of me when you get back into town. Preferably on the XC days, I'm not quite capable of the "trail of death". I did good to walk part way down it, I don't see myself ever riding it.

·
Not sure what to type?
567 Posts
Not sure if I'll make it...

Works been hectic lately so sorry for the late post.
We leave for our beach vacation on the 26th, but I might be able to make it up for a day of riding on Friday. I'd love to ride Coopers Rock again. :D

·
yelgatgab
459 Posts
I was living in Morgantown, so I only rode the Forest when I traveled to Charleston...probably one weekend a month or so. I mostly rode Baker's and Cooper's in Morgantown.

I got a Red Chameleon built up kinda beefy, and a blue Bullit.

·
www.justthebonnet.com
1,475 Posts
bagtagley said:
I was living in Morgantown, so I only rode the Forest when I traveled to Charleston...probably one weekend a month or so. I mostly rode Baker's and Cooper's in Morgantown.

I got a Red Chameleon built up kinda beefy, and a blue Bullit.
Ok those are some heavy duty bikes. What should I bring, the Giant VT or the Santa Cruz Stupidlight???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.