Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it looks like I'm going to schedule this for June 23 thur the 26. I've spoken with the lady at Sandspring campground and she said we can get a group rate of $10/person/day. Right now I have 10 spaces reserved for this. I you guys can give me a yell that you will attend I'd be gratefull so that I can get a head cound on how many spaces we need.

There are pay showers (bring nickle, dimes, quarters), laundry and a mini-type mart at the grounds and grocery stores a few minutes away. Morgantown is about a 20 minute drive.

Basic plan at the moment is get there Thur. evening. Set up, drink, etc. Friday, ride at the WVU Forest Side. May do a night ride there also that night so bring your lights. Saturday ride at Coopers Rock. Saturday night, drink, be merry, etc. Sunday, may do a ride at either place before breaking camp and heading home.

I don't plan for these to be hammerhead style rides (you'll still have fun Capt. Phun). Most of the trails are rocky, hilly and that time of yr muddy in places. Perfect riding conditions.

So I hope to hear from people and see ya there! :D

Here's a link describing the trails a little better.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=58325

·
www.justthebonnet.com
1,475 Posts
Why am I pointed out specifically as the "hammerhead"????? Am I really a hammerhead??? I just ride at my pace....which is about three times faster than the groups pace. Ok ok, I guess that does make me a hammerhead. Not my fault God made me a mean and sexy 140 pounds of pure rippling muscle. :)

Where is sandspring campground located, what town, what road?
Do you have a link for the campground?
I should be able to make this :)

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here's a map....

Basically, you want to get onto I-68 in northern WV/Maryland and follow it 'till you get to mile marker 15 in WV. You'll also see signs for Coopers. The exit is at the top of a looonnnggg hill and has the only truck weigh station (I think) in the area. When you get off the exit, comming from I-79 turn left, from Maryland turn right. To to T interesction, turn right. Stop at stop sign to let truckers thru. Go straight. Make first left (BIG white sign there) and follow your nose till you get to campground. It's at the top of a hill a couple miles back, white trailer on the right and wooden fence on left. The fence is where the camp ground is. Go in, pay and the nice lady will tell you where we're at. :)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.