Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it looks like I'm going to schedule this for June 23 thur the 26. I've spoken with the lady at Sandspring campground and she said we can get a group rate of $10/person/day. Right now I have 10 spaces reserved for this. I you guys can give me a yell that you will attend I'd be gratefull so that I can get a head cound on how many spaces we need.

There are pay showers (bring nickle, dimes, quarters), laundry and a mini-type mart at the grounds and grocery stores a few minutes away. Morgantown is about a 20 minute drive.

Basic plan at the moment is get there Thur. evening. Set up, drink, etc. Friday, ride at the WVU Forest Side. May do a night ride there also that night so bring your lights. Saturday ride at Coopers Rock. Saturday night, drink, be merry, etc. Sunday, may do a ride at either place before breaking camp and heading home.

I don't plan for these to be hammerhead style rides (you'll still have fun Capt. Phun). Most of the trails are rocky, hilly and that time of yr muddy in places. Perfect riding conditions.

So I hope to hear from people and see ya there! :D

Here's a link describing the trails a little better.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=58325

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
details, details, details....

I gotta know. This "mini-type mart" that you speak of. I'm guessing there's about a 100% chance that they sell pepperoni rolls, right? I can't imagine a better and more fitting breakfast in that neck of the woods. And beer, they sell beer, right?

:D

BTW, have to get up to Barri and the rest of the DH gang so I can take care of the play in the rear triangle of the SB. Funny, the problems seemed to have occurred immediately following the '04 Shuffle. I must have hit a rock or something. :D :D

Count me in. I want a spot close to Capt. Phun at the campground. It'll be better for everyone involved, believe me. I'll try and drag Hecklerboy along, or vice versa. Chili, you'll be there, right?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davis said:
I gotta know. This "mini-type mart" that you speak of. I'm guessing there's about a 100% chance that they sell pepperoni rolls, right? I can't imagine a better and more fitting breakfast in that neck of the woods. And beer, they sell beer, right?

:D

BTW, have to get up to Barri and the rest of the DH gang so I can take care of the play in the rear triangle of the SB. Funny, the problems seemed to have occurred immediately following the '04 Shuffle. I must have hit a rock or something. :D :D

Count me in. I want a spot close to Capt. Phun at the campground. It'll be better for everyone involved, believe me. I'll try and drag Hecklerboy along, or vice versa. Chili, you'll be there, right?
Hey Davis....wwaazzzzz uppppppp!!!!! :p As a few more details here, I can't tell you exactly what they sell other than ice and candy bars. I know they have some basics like paper plates, fire wood, limited canned food, that sort of thing. Nothing customed cooked that I remember. Sorry. :( But there's a Shop and Save and other stores just down the raod on I-68 where we can buy our spirits, food, women, etc... OK, I lied about the women part. That you have to supply on your own. ;) There's also a small pool, small arcade there. We shouldn't need to actually buy fire wood. I seem to remember that there was NO sortage of dead wood laying all around. At least the last time I was there about year and half ago. Berry knows this place really well.

Sorry to hear about the Switchblade. Anything really bad? I'm gonna try and get one myself in a few months here.

Chili, Hecklerboy, ya all planning to be there right?

·
Not sure what to type?
567 Posts
I might make it for a day...

davis.Count me in. I want a spot close to Capt. Phun at the campground. It'll be better for everyone involved said:
We leave for our beach vacation on the 26th. I might be able to come up early on Friday morning, ride all day and drive home that night or I might be able to swing the 24th and 25th. I'll just have to see how work is going and if I can get those extra days off.

·
www.justthebonnet.com
1,475 Posts
davis said:
Count me in. I want a spot close to Capt. Phun at the campground. /QUOTE]
See everyone wants to hang with Phun. We'll be "good" davis, not a problem you just bring your half of the festivities. I think I am going to do this whole ride drunk, from start to finish, 4 days. The date is perfect and this is two weeks after the 200 mile ride I am doing, so its PARTY TIME!!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a map...

Basically, you want to get onto I-68 in northern WV/Maryland and follow it 'till you get to mile marker 15 in WV. You'll also see signs for Coopers. The exit is at the top of a looonnnggg hill and has the only truck weigh station (I think) in the area. When you get off the exit, comming from I-79 turn left, from Maryland turn right. To to T interesction, turn right. Stop at stop sign to let truckers thru. Go straight. Make first left (BIG white sign there) and follow your nose till you get to campground. It's at the top of a hill a couple miles back, white trailer on the right and wooden fence on left. The fence is where the camp ground is. Go in, pay and the nice lady will tell you where we're at. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Capt_phun said:
which cmapground we staying at or do we not know yet?
Should I go Singlespeed, Superlight or trailbike?
Somewhere in the back where we won't "disturbe" too many people. I'll try to post some pics later of the riding there and you can make up you mind, but let me put it this way. I've ridden hardtail there, but I've NEVER seen anyone ride a full rigid there. I think you'd be in for some punishment on a hardtail.

·
Not sure what to type?
567 Posts
I've done it...

crashedandburned said:
I've ridden hardtail there, but I've NEVER seen anyone ride a full rigid there. I think you'd be in for some punishment on a hardtail.
I rode a full rigid at Cooppers back in 1995, but now I'm spoiled by the Heckler. :D

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
I say...

Capt_phun said:
Should I go Singlespeed, Superlight or trailbike?
I say C.P. has to ride a fully rigid singlespeed. Drunk at all times as he predicts. Then, maybe, I'll have some small chance at actually seeing him on the trails besides when we stop for a re-grouping.

Man, I haven't been in that area of the state since Christ was a kid. Should be fun. And Captain, I have two quarts of last fall's Damson Plum flavored energy drink stashed away in the basement. I'm really sorta saving them for the Shuffle when they'll be good and ready. The likker in this batch came out a little "hot". It needed some time to settle and take in a little added sugars. Should be fine for the Shuffle, and I can probably scare up something else for the Morganhole gathering.

Hey, just a thought....Since this gathering is in Morgantown, should we all bring our own couches to burn, or will they be available at the campsite??? :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
davis said:
I say C.P. has to ride a fully rigid singlespeed. Drunk at all times as he predicts. Then, maybe, I'll have some small chance at actually seeing him on the trails besides when we stop for a re-grouping.

Man, I haven't been in that area of the state since Christ was a kid. Should be fun. And Captain, I have two quarts of last fall's Damson Plum flavored energy drink stashed away in the basement. I'm really sorta saving them for the Shuffle when they'll be good and ready. The likker in this batch came out a little "hot". It needed some time to settle and take in a little added sugars. Should be fine for the Shuffle, and I can probably scare up something else for the Morganhole gathering.

Hey, just a thought....Since this gathering is in Morgantown, should we all bring our own couches to burn, or will they be available at the campsite??? :D :D :D
There are wooden pinic tables and I'm SURE we can find a car or two to flip over. Maybe someone's bike will end up in a tree??? :D

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
I recognize those jerseys!!

The one's in the last pic, that is. That's not Barri below the jump, is it? And who's the rider with the big stones to launch that jump?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
davis said:
The one's in the last pic, that is. That's not Barri below the jump, is it? And who's the rider with the big stones to launch that jump?
No, That's not Barri. I really don't know who that is. But it did take some stones to launch off that rock!!! Don't worry, I'll point that rock out when we go by it. Anyone wanna try???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.