Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone please tell me that WP will have the upper DH trail open this coming weekend.

The web site says come back on Friday to see what other trails will be opne but I'm hoping that someone has some inside-info.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just got off the mountain. Here is the situation with the upper trails. 90% of Cheyenne and Boulevard (DH) trails are dry. The problem is the 10% of sections that are wet, are really wet... up to the axle bad...walk-around-it and loose your shoe bad. We have been hoping the ground water would slow down enough for us to open them but we are probably out of luck for this weekend.

The crew is finishing up on lower Boulevard (lower DH) today and tomorrow so their will be more trails to the base by this weekend.

Why the name Boulevard instead of Downhill, somebody might ask? Those who ride WP know that it does not truly represent a DH course so we wanted to rename it moving forward so we can stop the confusion for those new to the trail…

Hope this helps.

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TrestleBP said:
Just got off the mountain. Here is the situation with the upper trails. 90% of Cheyenne and Boulevard (DH) trails are dry. The problem is the 10% of sections that are wet, are really wet... up to the axle bad...walk-around-it and loose your shoe bad. We have been hoping the ground water would slow down enough for us to open them but we are probably out of luck for this weekend.

The crew is finishing up on lower Boulevard (lower DH) today and tomorrow so their will be more trails to the base by this weekend.

Why the name Boulevard instead of Downhill, somebody might ask? Those who ride WP know that it does not truly represent a DH course so we wanted to rename it moving forward so we can stop the confusion for those new to the trail…

Hope this helps.
Well that's too bad, but at least there will be a few more trails open. Thanks for the info.

I guess we picked a bad year to buy season passes at WP instead of Keystone. I wanted to try something new where my wife could ride as well so we picked WP.

Oh, good move on renaming the DH as well, and what you guys did on boot camp is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
UPDATE!!

Yo, we got Boulevard rocking. Lower Boulevard (DH) opened today and upper section will open mid-day tomorrow. Craziest dry-out ever. top-to-bottom finally! Enjoy. Keep an eye out for the jump section as it has changed since last summer.

New skills drop zone opens tomorrow too. Smaller stuff but fun for to learn on. It is located at the bottom of Crankworx Slopestyle Course.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
TrestleBP said:
New skills drop zone opens tomorrow too. Smaller stuff but fun for to learn on. It is located at the bottom of Crankworx Slopestyle Course.
Good move! You just sold me on spending a couple of days riding with my daughter at WP. Thanks for the update.

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right on! Me, my wife and buddy will be there Sat. and Sun. Styaing the night in WP for a weekend of riding.

GREAT to hear about the opening of the boulevard top to bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.