Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
..ouch
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. all the racer prima donnas will be up in CB for the MSC race this weekend, leaving some fairly empty runs for SV. I have a few folks from the Boulder/Ned area thinking about heading up on Sat. Anyone else planning to go? We won't have snowskillz big tents but I think we can get by with beer and bikes.

PS - good luck to you CB folks (bring your skis just in case).

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
If skis were invented these days, they would have been outlawed by now. The conversation would go like this:

Inventor Of Skis: "Hey check out this new invention I created! I call them 'skis' and they're for sliding down mountains on snow!"
Gubbmint: "Oh yeah, I see what you did there, very nice. So tell me, do you put on of those on each foot/leg/appendage or what?"
Inventor Of Skis: "Yeah!"
Gubbmint: "And then you slide?"
Gubbmint: "Down a mountain?"
Inventor Of Skis: "That's the idea..."
Gubbmint: "Okay so let's get this straight: you attach two GIANT LEVERS to each foot and then hurtle through imminently dangerous slopes, while each GIANT LEVER tries to twist each of your legs off individually? For fun?"
Inventor Of Skis: "Uuuuhhhh..."
Gubbmint: "Yeah we're just gonna take these away from you now. Would you mind stepping inside this padded room, sir?"

But seriously, while you guys are at SolVista this weekend, remember that the Mustache Cup is just a few short weeks away!

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
Full Trucker said:
If skis were invented these days, they would have been outlawed by now. The conversation would go like this:

Inventor Of Skis: "Hey check out this new invention I created! I call them 'skis' and they're for sliding down mountains on snow!"
Gubbmint: "Oh yeah, I see what you did there, very nice. So tell me, do you put on of those on each foot/leg/appendage or what?"
Gubbmint: "Okay so let's get this straight: you attach two GIANT LEVERS to each foot and then hurtle through imminently dangerous slopes, while each GIANT LEVER tries to twist each of your legs off individually? For fun?"
Gubbmint: "Yeah we're just gonna take these away from you now. Would you mind stepping inside this padded room, sir?"

But seriously, while you guys are at SolVista this weekend, remember that the Mustache Cup is just a few short weeks away!
Nice.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
thump said:
So.. all the racer prima donnas will be up in CB for the MSC race this weekend, leaving some fairly empty runs for SV. I have a few folks from the Boulder/Ned area thinking about heading up on Sat. Anyone else planning to go? We won't have snowskillz big tents but I think we can get by with beer and bikes.

Wait I thought you had a big flair up of hemroids and aren't allowed of the porcelain princess for a week?!?

·
..ouch
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
snowskilz said:
Wait I thought you had a big flair up of hemroids and aren't allowed of the porcelain princess for a week?!?
No.. I think that was the cell phone static. What I said was "you guys are a pain in the ass and I'm glad I don't have to deal with you princesses for a weekend".

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
thump said:

If the prima-donna's aren't going to be there, who's gonna teach me all the mad skillz I need to ride the gnar?
I'm in.
I hope there are no 14 year old kids there who are going to show me up big time.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,451 Posts
Full Trucker said:

Pure genius! :lol:

·
..ouch
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Renegade said:
If the prima-donna's aren't going to be there, who's gonna teach me all the mad skillz I need to ride the gnar?
There should still be some rippers there.. you'll just miss out on seeing all the pretty matching team jerseys.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.