Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not sure what to type?
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I arrived late Wednesday due to my truck deciding to start spewing gas everywhere right before the shuffle. I setup camp and joined in on the indepth conversation around the campfire.

They don't call him CaptPhun for nuthin'.

Lowcel enjoying the conversation.

Our host.

We begin the first day with a shuttle to Gauley Mtn Trail for a 17 mile ride on Bear Pen/Bannock Shoal Trails.

GrRider and Lowcel work their way down Bearpen Trail.

Our host shows us how it's done.

Crashandburn does just the opposite and clear the downhill without worry.

Chili and Bikebreath aren't far behind.

Everyone had a great time on some great trails.

Boundary Trail had some harsh riding but the view were worth it.

Davis, Chili, and Bikebreathe contemplate life, our purpose on this planet, and how many beers they can drink back at camp.

The next day we prepare for RedRun trail. A short technical trail that left everyone smiling.

Couple of shots from RedRun

Back at camp, Chili prepared the official dessert of the Shuffle. Strawberry Shine Shortcake.

Now we know why they call him CaptPhun. Chili also gave it a taste. Everyone else decided to pass.

Enjoying the rest of the evening around the fire.

Saturday was Tea Creek Mtn trail. Incredible rock garden followed by a narrow 4 mile downhill.
Davis work his way through the rock garden.

CaptPhun & Chili show us how it's done.

That afternoon we hit Prop's Run.
CaptPhun puts on his game face.

We gather for a group shot. Sorry it did turn out that great.

Had a couple of mechanicals.

Rick-N-Ala seems a little too happy to ride Props Run.

GrRider working the creek crosing.

Finally Saturday night was wing night. I think that was the quitest our camp has ever been while we all scarfed down hot wing. Great job Davis and Chili for excellent wings.

I had to bail late Saturday night so I could return home and fix my truck Sunday.
Although we had some rain, it didn't dampen the spirits of the riders. All had a great time and I enjoyed meeting everyone. Hope to see everyone next year.

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Great pics! I can't wait to go back for another ride.

BTW, found out it wasn't the tension of the spokes that made the wheel so out of true, it was the nice crack in the hub. Oops!

·
Not sure what to type?
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even my front wheel was a little untrue..

LowCel said:
Great pics! I can't wait to go back for another ride.

BTW, found out it wasn't the tension of the spokes that made the wheel so out of true, it was the nice crack in the hub. Oops!
Trued it up Sunday and of course I cleaned my bike back to it's original shine.

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
great pics, Hb...

I'd forgotten how truly disgusting that strawberry-shine-shortcake looked, still glad I didn't sample it (the shine alone was enough). And who except for Chili would show up to a gathering packing shortcakes and whipped cream? And how come I never got that can back when it was almost empty? So many questions....

·
Not sure what to type?
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Posting text inbetween pics...

Capt_phun said:
Hecklerboy...how do you post the pics with text inbetween them?????
Type the text you want, space down, use the upload photo, copy address of photo to clipboard, then use the insert picture option. Paste photo address. Space down, add text and repeat.
Hope that's clear enough.

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
that's great....

JackFromNC said:
Capt_Phun, you can pass the time while waiting for the videos by browsing this web site:
Now I have to figure out how to get this Corona off of my monitor.

So, Jack, how ya' feelin' today? Didn't get a chance to speak to anybody with a functioning brain at the ranger's office today, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Chili, if you read this, you were right about the Chanterelles. They're everywhere over there. Not the Cantharellus cibarius, but rather the closely related Cantharellus lateritius, they taste equally delicious (according to my guide) but have a smoother fertile surface. We had a camelbak-full with dinner tonight (guess where we rode tonight, eh?) DEE-LISH! We should have went over with Rick and GRrider and picked a mess for a dinner at the campsite.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.