Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to hear more ride reports from Prime V3 owners. As a longtime Banshee fan I have own several V2 frames including the Prime. The Titan looks great and some exciting reviews but may be overkill for my trails. Currently on a Hightower LT but really like the V3 versions plus being able to fit a larger water bottle inside front triangle. My local trails are XC oriented but like some flowy and chunky stuff. I also go to Downy and N* 2-3 times a year.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Would like to hear more ride reports from Prime V3 owners. As a longtime Banshee fan I have own several V2 frames including the Prime. The Titan looks great and some exciting reviews but may be overkill for my trails. Currently on a Hightower LT but really like the V3 versions plus being able to fit a larger water bottle inside front triangle. My local trails are XC oriented but like some flowy and chunky stuff. I also go to Downy and N* 2-3 times a year.
I've had my XL V3 Prime for about 4 weeks now. Still waiting on volume spacers for the shock so the rear end is feeling average without these atm. However running a 140mm Mattoc Pro the bike overall feels very stable and but energetic if you give it some input. The balance I think is near perfect if you're after a proper solid trail bike that will take hits all day long without being concerned about weight. (15.3kg)
The KS2 design with a trunnion shock makes for a nice small bump off the top of the stroke with the DPX2. It pedals really well have no isssue being on it for all day rides. Would highly recommend one in the Tint Raw colour;) I came off a Cotic Flaremax and the Prime is a little shorter but more agile and playful which i like.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your review. It’s like I already know these bikes rip and makes it so difficult to narrow down to one V3. Yikes

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The raw looks insanely awesome!! By the way what size seat post are you using? I have a 210mm One Up Post I would be using and hoping I can slam post into frame?

·
Registered
106 Posts
For me my Prime V3 feels like a smaller Titan, especially when reading the reviews. For sure my setup with float x2 and 36 grip2 are putting this thing more towards the enduro end of the spectrum. Overall it is a very balanced and stable bike which tends to go wild;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. Did your Prime originally come with a DPX2 and then upgraded to the X2? I prefer to X2 for more adjustments options.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought the Frame only option so I was free to choose. I do really like the Float X2 for it´s adjustability.
Here a quick pic - a better one will come when bike is final. Bike is not finished as I am waiting for my Microspline-Driver.

Banshee Prime V3-2.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
How does the Prime perform on the mellow trails? Do you all notice a lack of pedal efficiency for flatter sections of trail?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are you coming off a v3 Phantom? If so, did you feel underbiked so upped to Prime? I am torn between those two plus the Spitfire — which I have all the parts for already on my current 27.5 bike.

Also curious about bike fit — I'm just shy of 5'10" (178cm) and looking at a large. Seems like most of the Banshee owners I've seen that give really rave reviews are taller riders on XLs

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are you coming off a v3 Phantom? If so, did you feel underbiked so upped to Prime? I am torn between those two plus the Spitfire — which I have all the parts for already on my current 27.5 bike.

Also curious about bike fit — I'm just shy of 5'10" (178cm) and looking at a large. Seems like most of the Banshee owners I've seen that give really rave reviews are taller riders on XLs
I was on a Phantom V1. I NEVER felt under-biked on my Phantom. I had it in Sedona, Moab, Retallack... pretty much everywhere. It was my favorite bike I’ve ever owned, and up until my Phantom I hadn’t kept a bike more than 6 months in the last 20+ years. I went with a Prime just to try something different (I also have a Paradox V3 I REALLY like)

As far as size, I’m 6’2” with a 34” inseam and a Large (both Banshees) is perfect. Not to gush on Keith, but his sizing recommendations are spot on.

Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was on a Phantom V1. I NEVER felt under-biked on my Phantom. I had it in Sedona, Moab, Retallack... pretty much everywhere. It was my favorite bike I’ve ever owned, and up until my Phantom I hadn’t kept a bike more than 6 months in the last 20+ years. I went with a Prime just to try something different (I also have a Paradox V3 I REALLY like)

As far as size, I’m 6’2” with a 34” inseam and a Large (both Banshees) is perfect. Not to gush on Keith, but his sizing recommendations are spot on.

Hope this helps!!!
Certainly does help. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 169 Posts