Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If assumptions are correct, and I don't make an ass of myself(likely), a big hearty congrates need to go out to another of 'us'. Besides gpssr getting a poem published, we need to check out Dr. Hoo's "Fuel". Great read indeed. For me at least it outlines an absolutely perfect (great trail, good ridin' buds, great camp food, and libations of many types) weekend on a trail I suspect many of us Minnesotan's and 'Sconnies know well. I suspect I've been on this trail last fall with a very similar group.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See I told ya I'd make an ass of myself. Coulda sworn it was he. Fit the profile, including the Turtle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
"Hoo woulda known?"

~martini~ said:
See I told ya I'd make an ass of myself. Coulda sworn it was he. Fit the profile, including the Turtle.
Ah, yes. Dr. Hoo and the Turtle were there. Psociology and Psychology changed to protect the innocent. But Turtle... that's a fairly universal handle, eh?

Are you one of the Minneapolis riders?

·
mtbr rememberer
108 Posts
I wish it was me!

If I could write things and get them published without thinking about it, or even remembering it, it would make things easy for me. Next time I will try to write a book without knowing about it!

So, in other words, it wasn't me. But I will have to pick up a copy of the issue and check it out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Publish or Perish, my friend.

dr hoo said:
If I could write things and get them published without thinking about it, or even remembering it, it would make things easy for me. Next time I will try to write a book without knowing about it!

So, in other words, it wasn't me. But I will have to pick up a copy of the issue and check it out.
Tenured yet? You and the Turtle going to Gnomefest in September?

·
mtbr rememberer
108 Posts
officially? Not yet.

I have been recommended for tenure and promotion through the dean level, which just leaves the provost and the chancellor... which shoulc be automatic.

Gnomefest is a high probability. I am not making any definite plans at this point, since I am just trying to keep my head above water until the end of the semester. WAY too much work piled up. Once late May gets here and I have a chance to breathe, then I will start to think about what comes after.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Formerly of the Mpls crue, now of Driftless country Wisconsin.

·
mtbr rememberer
108 Posts
very nice read!

And the illustration ain't bad either. Well done.

Well, except that psych prof transforms into a soc prof in the penultimate paragraph. Not that the reader is thrown by it, but the innocent were not as protected as you might have thought!

Seriously, very well written.

dr. (now I've bought my one bike mag for the year) hoo

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just saw that

dr hoo said:
And the illustration ain't bad either. Well done.

Well, except that psych prof transforms into a soc prof in the penultimate paragraph. Not that the reader is thrown by it, but the innocent were not as protected as you might have thought!

Seriously, very well written.

dr. (now I've bought my one bike mag for the year) hoo
Just got the issue yesterday and read it for the first time --and I notice the mistake right away. Why is it you never see these things until AFTER something is printed/published?

I loved the art, btw. Was pleasantly surprised.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts