Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Moto V2s are absurdly powerful. I actually sold them because they were too much brake for what I needed. My Megas aren't broken in yet so I can't compare (and it's freezing cold here in Maine and no DH places are open...)

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
The OP gave no information, except some selections. I don't know how anyone can legitimately give information with just that.

On top of that, if you're going to say "Formula" and nothing else, at least say why. They didn't reinvent the wheel. In fact, they made their brakes current later than even Magura, then all of a sudden, they're the biggest thing.

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
The Cleg looks interesting...

Automotive design Trigger Bicycle part Bumper Gun barrel

Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim Tire

Four pistons - two pairs of different size - in a two-piece caliper. They're pricey at e.320 and, strangely, the only difference between the DH and Friday - whatever the hell that means - appears to be the size of the rotor. My gut feeling is that they would feel a lot like the original Hope M4 (not Mono). A nice brake, maybe, but there are better options and for much less money. Spare parts also don't appear to be readily available.

·
Another Monster.
73 Posts
For monster stopping power we've had customers rave about the Mono V2 and Mono 6(ti). We've sold a set of Tech V2s, but not seen the customer again yet. One brake that you've not mentioned yet, fortunately, is the Avid Code. Do not buy this brake, you will be constantly let down and unimpressed. Yet to find a single person in my area who has something good to say about them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
mini_death said:
For monster stopping power we've had customers rave about the Mono V2 and Mono 6(ti). We've sold a set of Tech V2s, but not seen the customer again yet. One brake that you've not mentioned yet, fortunately, is the Avid Code. Do not buy this brake, you will be constantly let down and unimpressed. Yet to find a single person in my area who has something good to say about them.
I'm using an Avid Code brake on my front wheel and I love it. I've had no problems with it, and the power is amazing.

·
Another Monster.
73 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
And it works fine when it is bled properly... Find me a hydraulic brake that works well when it has big pockets of air in the lines or caliper...
Find me an Avid Code that can handle a season of DH without having to go in for a service. And I don't mean to be bled.

edit:
Stay away from pre 09 saint brakes too. And the 203mm centerlock rotors. I ran them when they came out and can only laugh in despair now. I suspect the new 09 saint brakes will be better with the added piston, but I'd still stay away from large centerlock rotors.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
mini_death said:
Find me an Avid Code that can handle a season of DH without having to go in for a service. And I don't mean to be bled.

edit:
Stay away from pre 09 saint brakes too. And the 203mm centerlock rotors. I ran them when they came out and can only laugh in despair now. I suspect the new 09 saint brakes will be better with the added piston, but I'd still stay away from large centerlock rotors.
There are plenty of them. In fact, there are plenty of users on this forum that are happy with their Codes. And plenty of users happy with the old Saints too. They're just like the old XT. I've had issues with neither. The oversized centerlock was stupid, but it works just fine.

·
Another Monster.
73 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
There are plenty of them. In fact, there are plenty of users on this forum that are happy with their Codes. And plenty of users happy with the old Saints too. They're just like the old XT. I've had issues with neither. The oversized centerlock was stupid, but it works just fine.
So the fact that you can roll the bike half an inch forwards and backwards with both brakes locked up is fine?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.