Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Here's mine. And yes the seattube's a bit shorter now...

Mine weighs about 44.5# right now but it has some heavy parts that could easily lighten it up.

Large M3 frame
Swinger 6way / 450steel coil
05 Boxxer Race (got it cheap, no more spiking problems, probably get it push'd soon)
Azonic Outlaw wheels (12x150 in rear) (might get new Deemaxes soon)
Holzfeller cranks
Truvativ bb
E.13 SRS
Sram X.9 der / shift
Thomson post
Selle Italia saddle
Hussefelt stem (want to get e.13/sic integrated soon, more weight gone)
Truvativ hussefelt 31.8 bars (a bit heavy but not bad)
ODI Oury grips
Shimano 4pot XT M755s (classics!)
Blackspire 38t chainring
Shimano 105 road cassette (I think, I dunno...)
Flak Jacket cabling
2.5 Maxxis UST Minions DHF/DHR
CrankBrothers MalletCs / Azonic Fusions

And I'm cheap so I don't always buy the latest and greatest super light weight stuff. But I'm not a pro so I don't think that I really could take full advantage of that light of a bike (sub40) anyways...

·
Registered
294 Posts
iRider said:
Could you please post the weights of your bikes? Parts list (if not obvious) would be nice too. I am wondering how light a M3 can be build. Thx.
I think you can do a 38 pounds M3 if you select all the light DH items, and Tubeless with Kenda DH Tire (Hope the Stan works and no Punctures).

I started the M3 with 41 pounds with BoXXer 2001, XT Cranks, DeeMax with Michline Tubeless Tires. Now, I think the bike weight 43 to 44, with Dorado, Saint Cranks, and DH Tubes and Intense DH Tires.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Uuups, even your 41 is pretty heavy for a build like this. The IH Sundays are pretty lightweight, I think I've read they come in around 38 pounds and they put durable (=heavy) parts on them! So, the M3 frame must be really heavy, a step backwards from the M1. :(

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
iRider said:
Uuups, even your 41 is pretty heavy for a build like this. The IH Sundays are pretty lightweight, I think I've read they come in around 38 pounds and they put durable (=heavy) parts on them! So, the M3 frame must be really heavy, a step backwards from the M1. :(
It may not be the lightest frame ever, I mean look at all the material they needed to build it. :p But it sure as hell rides better than any other frame I've had. I think my V10 was about 42 before it was stolen (04) and this has a much better ride to it I think. The frame is definitely designed around racing even though it doesn't have paperthin tubing or anything like that. :) :p

·
Registered
294 Posts
iRider said:
My medium M3 with Steel spring weight 11 pounds, exact!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.