Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chilling out
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, deceptive title, only one gal in this picture serious.

Grungepoodle is her handle if I recall correctly ( here anyway, on another forum she's known a DirtFace ).

She's a mild mannered little lady, *cough* *hack* - okay, she's one hell of a nice lady with a joi-de-vive that is in the same league as Scorpionwomans.

Anyway, I caught her on pixels out at City Park yesterday.

The local club ( Austin Ridge Riders ) was having their Ride Like A Girl program out there.

I was out there 'cause more than a couple of the ladies had asked me if I was coming out (I assume this is because I do great trail-side bike maintenance, but who am I to argue).

I did ride with a group of gals for about 1/4 mile but then ended up feeling more self conscious that I was horning in on their ride too much (the purpose of RLAG is *not* to ride with guys after all), so when a polite situation presented itself I just quietly continued forward to give them a respectful gap on the trail.

Grungepoodle caught up with me later on when I was playing on an obstacle, and we ended up finishing the ride together, which gave me opportunity for some good shots.

To wit ... our star ...

... and some more action shots ...

This feature starts with a right-hand sweeper turn-in, "omph" climb of about an 18" ledge, followed by two more ledge climbs following, of slightly reducing height, but barely longer than wheelbase apart.

She was all smiles on this, really. Just having a silly good time.

Perspective One

Perspective Two

If you look at the middle frame (click on the image for a larger version, works for both sequences) you can see she's got her body lifted and forward, and she's still pedalling, and clearly off the saddle.

Perfect ledge-climbing form.

She gets to the top, and even though she doesn't necessarily believe it, she's in perfect setup for the next ledge.

Oh, and boys, before you ask, she's taken. Her hubbie is a seriously hoopy frood who knows where his towel is. Also where is sidearm is, being a police detective and all. But he "minds the store" so she can get out and get some quality riding time in on a regular basis, most cool.

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Nice sequence, Ted. Of course, that was only made possible by the stellar riding of Ms. Jen. :thumbsup:

·
Alien Surf Team
1,168 Posts
rockyuphill said:
Was there proper screaming like a Viking berserker? I always thought that was a critical part of ledge climbing. Storm the ramparts, ignore the boiling oil!
Good point. I didn't know there was such thing as perfect form. If you make up then whatever you just did was perfect form. :D

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I do believe AQ will be shortening that name to 'Grungy' for his song lyrics.

:p

:D

(I must thank him, again, for some damn fine internets!)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Well, I have to admit that I find the first pic showing her legs to be the most appealing of them all. GrungePoodle, your husband is lucky. Nice legs. (Just don't tell my wife I said that or I might be sleeping on the couch). It looks like you've got some skills, too.

Biker chicks are great.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gatorback said:
Well, I have to admit that I find the first pic showing her legs to be the most appealing of them all. GrungePoodle, your husband is lucky. Nice legs. (Just don't tell my wife I said that or I might be sleeping on the couch). It looks like you've got some skills, too.

Biker chicks are great.
LOL! Thank you. I think it's one of the true benefits of riding. (minus scars and such :skep: )

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The scars can be sexy too--legs with some muscle that have scars are far more attractive than some of the alternatives such as really thin legs with no muscle (like some models) or the soft legs of a couch potato. Keep on riding and you'll look young and healthy for years.

·
Builder of Trails
797 Posts
Hey Jennifer! I didn't know you posted over here. BTW, thanks for sending me the picture and email. The series Ted took is cool!

I'm glad you...rediscovered a little passion, too. I'm looking forward to riding in PA next month, myself.

D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.