Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time on Saturday doing the IMBA wild ride up at Grouse Ridge. Got to ride with some MTBR'S: Zonic, Cruisy, Finch PLate, JFR and Derek?? We did the "advanced loop" with a couple of our local experts Galen and Dylan. here is the gang at the first lunch break

Up at Grouse there are lots of rocky technical uphills and downhills, here is Derek

And Suzy

Finch doing his ONLY dab of the entire weekend :)

Cruizy cruising

Dylan

Dylan going over the logs

Galen's Turn

and over

Glacier Lake

Can you say Shrinkage?

Seems like every time I ride up at Grouse either the bike or me is broken after after the ride! I was super careful not toget hurt this time ( I walked a lot of the downhills), but my bike get whacked! This rock totally jumped off the trail and trashed my derailer and the hanger. Got to ride a single speed for the last third of the ride

·
Registered
710 Posts
Cools shots. Good riding with you Rick. I was amazed at the amount of mechanicals over the weekend though, and was glad I escaped relatively unscathed. It definitely sucks to be sitting back in a cubicle now!

-Derek

·
Fart smeller
17,769 Posts
A couple of things.

Glad you got shots of the lake(s). I didn't take any, altho I grabbed Jim's camera and shot a few. I wish someone would have gotten a shot of me swimming with that snake. That was a trip.

I stopped in the stream because, uh, I saw something in the water and had to stop and look at it. As you can see from the pic, there is absolutely nothing stopping me from crossing the stream. :p

Please don't hold Jed's hissy fits against him. He was not hisself that day for some reason- he's usually much cheerier. :rolleyes:

Here's a shot of Rose.

Sorry about your bike.

Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
I think Haagen-Smit may have gotten a picture of you and your 'snake'. Although the picture of Gaylen's frog at Glacier Lake may be better.

-Derek

·
Registered
205 Posts
those are great pics, doesn't look like you get any rest with it being so technical. Where exactly is grouse ridge?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grouse

jason74 said:
those are great pics, doesn't look like you get any rest with it being so technical. Where exactly is grouse ridge?
Grouse ridge is west of HWY 80 Near eagle lakes exit if coming west from tahoe.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jed

Finch Platte said:
Glad you got shots of the lake(s). I didn't take any, altho I grabbed Jim's camera and shot a few. I wish someone would have gotten a shot of me swimming with that snake. That was a trip.

I stopped in the stream because, uh, I saw something in the water and had to stop and look at it. As you can see from the pic, there is absolutely nothing stopping me from crossing the stream. :p

Please don't hold Jed's hissy fits against him. He was not hisself that day for some reason- he's usually much cheerier. :rolleyes:

Here's a shot of Rose.

Sorry about your bike.

Gary
It was great riding with Jed. Especially when he was behind me on the downhill giving me crap and then he goes by me on harder line and endo's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rick "single speed" Kalb,
Thanks for posting pics. Great time, great people...awesome trails.
If only I could learn to ride my bike better...3 flat tires (thanks for the semi-flat tube), 1 bent derailler hanger and 1 noisey drivetrain.
Hay, at least I didn't rip my drivetrain off and have to ride the entire way with a rad not-a-suspension single speed bike.
Until next time,
Big D aka dylan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts