Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I heard back from the LBS and (1) they don't have a loner shock that I can use while they get my RC fixed and (2) they spoke to fox and it could be anywhere from $60 to $150 dollars to fix (seems like a pretty big range). Since I was wanting to get it revalved by PUSH, that would be an additional $140.

So my questions is, would I be ahead of the game by purchasing a Romic or possibly a Swinger 4-way. I figure to get a stable platform shock, to go rebuild and Push, I would be at between $200 and $300 dollars, or I can buy used for about $200 to $250.

Oh, and does anyone have a rear shock for sell that isn't on Ebay or in the Classifieds?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just called Push and they can't get the part from Fox

The shock shaft sheared off at the base of the shock (at the top of the threads), so they would have to install a new shaft. Push said that were trying to set things up to do that kind of work but they aren't there yet.

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Is there a good story with that failure?

BSN_mt said:
The shock shaft sheared off at the base of the shock (at the top of the threads), so they would have to install a new shaft. Push said that were trying to set things up to do that kind of work but they aren't there yet.
Not flaming, just curious if there was a wild ride tied to that broken shaft or just a standard JRA?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like most of my Brakes, NO.

I had fun for most of the day, no problems and a couple of good runs (Silver Mountain in Idaho is trying to get some nice trails going and have gone as far as hiring an IMBA trail designer to help them out), but the last run we decided to come down the long access road. We were going pretty fast but I was realy just riding along when my back end started to clunk pretty hard. So as fun as the day was, the carnage was pretty anti-climatic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.