Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I would think the HT+ would be more capable, assuming same 36 fork and same tires/wheels. Longer wheelbase, and chain stays would add stability at speed or in the rough. I'd bet the 5010+ is more fun to play around on though, for the opposite reasons.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thats true, the 5010 is more fun to ride but i would say the HT is more capable.
I would think the HT+ would be more capable, assuming same 36 fork and same tires/wheels. Longer wheelbase, and chain stays would add stability at speed or in the rough. I'd bet the 5010+ is more fun to play around on though, for the opposite reasons.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be the 5010 V3 and yes comparing if you were running a 36 up front with 150mm like you can run on the hightower. With that new geo on the 5010 it seems like it should climb just as good as the hightower but handle quicker in tight twisty trails.

How about flat out speed? Remember this is a plus to plus tire configuration on both as I know the 29er config of the hightower is fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.