Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished re-assembling the RFX, fresh from its tour of SoCal, the Turner shop, and the Olympic Powdercoat shop.

Mikey likes it, I like it, everybody likes it. Sparkly in the sun, too.

While it was down, I sold my XTR shifters and XT Shadow RD, replaced them with 2008 X-9 shifters and a mid-cage RD - I never thought I would say this but I just like the way SRAM shifts better than Shimano.

No other equipment changes save that great idea I saw on this board about using an old V-Brake cable guide for the GD Turbo mount on the front of the seatpost. Much smoother operation now.

Thank you to whomever it was that posted that idea - da' Cheese?

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup

That is by design, Noosa; running two DH F's is better than running the rear specific - much better setup for me and I don't see or feel any downside.

The DH R is too squirrely for me as a rear; maybe I should try it as a front?;)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
steve47co1 said:
That is by design, Noosa; running two DH F's is better than running the rear specific - much better setup for me and I don't see or feel any downside.

The DH R is too squirrely for me as a rear; maybe I should try it as a front?;)
Figured it was intentional - Like you I have been very impressed by the DH F (on the front) and not so impressed by the DH R. I do like the High Roller on the rear but next time I purchase a DH F I might run it rear for a few rides just to see.

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
Really like the color. I think the green cable housings look good with the orange. Speaking of that, where did you get the colored housings. I see Jagwire makes them but didn't see them with QBP or BTI.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got 'em from a BMX shop

Found them at a BMX shop - they are Jagwire.

Locotiki said:
Really like the color. I think the green cable housings look good with the orange. Speaking of that, where did you get the colored housings. I see Jagwire makes them but didn't see them with QBP or BTI.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lyrik is great!

Anything PUSH does is awesome. No exception here - I have two friends riding stock 2 Step Lyrik's on their Slayer's and they are envious - I have ridden their bikes - no comparison.

·
i can't type the letter s
1,093 Posts
Nice Steve! I was going to ask if you have moved from SS yet but judging by the pics I guess the answer is no. I see Darren is going public with Lyrik service too. When's that available for the masses that don't know him personally?

You are going to get such a rash of sheeot if you don't reposition that crutch catheter to the vertical rather than the horizontal. Just sayin'. :D

Great job on the cable routing and the color combo is awesome!

BTW, here's your / our bike after a bath.

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

Hopefully I'll be able to make my CO trip this year. It's still not a done dealio yet, but it'll be in mid to late August if it's a go. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not yet

Tom,

Wow - looking good there on our/your RFX!

We have been stuck here in SS for lack of a house sale - if we don't sell it this summer, I guess we will just rent it and go anyway.

I got the Lyrik done last fall when he had 6 pre-production kits completed - I DK when he will get the Lyrik and the Totem out to the public; he is cranking right now - maybe with the move into the new building and adding more workspace and people will accelerate that plan into motion.

In re: the GD "catheter" - it is actually way out of the way when you have to move to a TT dismount and it works much smoother than just routing the cable w/out the V-Brake bendy.

August will be perfect for riding at the resorts. I rode Sol Vista last weekend and it was finally dry. Winter Park opening this weekend with only mid-mountain and two trails open. Keystone says they will be open the following weekend - 6/28 - but they still have 10 ft. of snow on top, so it will be several weeks before it is not a bog fest.

Keep the rubber side down.

Steve

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yup

This is my trailbike - I ride this everywhere. At 34 lbs. it is about right for climbing and descends nicely, too. I have a Karate Monkey for flatland and road riding and I have a Demo 8 to hit warp speed at the resorts. I spend 80% of my riding time on the RFX, though.
highroller said:
Wow, what a well built bike! must be a blast to ride...

·
trail fairy
9,531 Posts
steve47co1 said:
Anything PUSH does is awesome. No exception here - I have two friends riding stock 2 Step Lyrik's on their Slayer's and they are envious - I have ridden their bikes - no comparison.
tom thats a hawt 06 RFX ya got there dude, nice work, black and well specced, dam nice rig brah, I like how ya roll..

chur..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.