Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I miss the anno option, but they hit all my wish list items for a new Riot. Tilt looks rad, and the Lithium is a beast, but I'd be afraid it'd ride a little short on the front end for getting really weird.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Curious on the short seat tube comments. What would be considered "better"? For example the gen 2 Riot, in a medium, was 432mm. The Tilt is 420. Revel Rascal is 415. How short is short?

·
Registered
190 Posts
You have to take all of the geo numbers into account. I like having a minimum 150mn dropper. I’m prefer an ETT (pedaling cockpit feel) of 620ish. I have short legs and have determined max ST to be 450mm while still fitting a 150mm dropper.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I ride with 165mm cranks and will fit a OneUp 160mm dropper on a medium. Im 5'6" 29" inseam. I have a medium Riot that I cut the seat tube to be able to do this. IMHO, the seat tube length doesn't seam to be an issue. I agree about the colors not being the best.

·
Registered
343 Posts
While I do appreciate Canfield coming out with these two different 29ers, I can't help but be a little disappointed. It's the little things that stick in the back of my mind that I can't help to let it go. Example: on the "Tilt" (hate the name) I know it's only 2 mm difference but you couldn't keep it at the same 140mm rear? No Raw or polished on the 29ers which to me is synonymous with Canfield. No choosing of upper Link color and no coil shock options? Although the geo on the "Tilt" looks spot on and with the option of a 150mm fork, I can't see myself at this time moving on from my "Riot" especially with an 11.6 shock & 1deg. Works angleset headset.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
While I do appreciate Canfield coming out with these two different 29ers, I can't help but be a little disappointed. It's the little things that stick in the back of my mind that I can't help to let it go. Example: on the "Tilt" (hate the name) I know it's only 2 mm difference but you couldn't keep it at the same 140mm rear? No Raw or polished on the 29ers which to me is synonymous with Canfield. No choosing of upper Link color and no coil shock options? Although the geo on the "Tilt" looks spot on and with the option of a 150mm fork, I can't see myself at this time moving on from my "Riot" especially with an 11.6 shock & 1deg. Works angleset headset.
If you have a Riot, I don't see the need to get a Tilt. Im on Avy and 1° as well. I'll probably get the Lithium so I don't ask too much from the Riot. I think they need more color options or link color options like they did in the past. But if the Lithium was available in the bronze the Balance is offered in I definitely get one. Or if the links were available in bronze like their peddles.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
I ride with 165mm cranks and will fit a OneUp 160mm dropper on a medium. Im 5'6" 29" inseam. I have a medium Riot that I cut the seat tube to be able to do this. IMHO, the seat tube length doesn't seam to be an issue. I agree about the colors not being the best.
Maybe for you. Maybe it's the difference between a medium and large frames.
I'm 5'11' / 32'' so definitely a large frame. I'm finding out I have a short inseam for my height. I'm also not someone that thinks they need a 200mm dropper.

Anyway on my current Ripley that has a 470/18.5 I can barely fit a 125mm dropper. So on a Tilt I still couldn't go bigger. I already ride 170mm cranks.
I don't think it's too much to want to fit a 150 dropper on a modern large frame.

Curious on the short seat tube comments. What would be considered "better"? For example the gen 2 Riot, in a medium, was 432mm. The Tilt is 420. Revel Rascal is 415. How short is short?
Since other frames are mentioned:
Large Rascal is 445/ 17.5
Large V4 Ripley 418/ 16.5
S4 Stumpjumper 425/ 16.7

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Maybe for you. Maybe it's the difference between a medium and large frames.
I'm 5'11' / 32'' so definitely a large frame. I'm finding out I have a short inseam for my height. I'm also not someone that thinks they need a 200mm dropper.

Anyway on my current Ripley that has a 470/18.5 I can barely fit a 125mm dropper. So on a Tilt I still couldn't go bigger. I already ride 170mm cranks.
I don't think it's too much to want to fit a 150 dropper on a modern large frame.

Since other frames are mentioned:
Large Rascal is 445/ 17.5
Large V4 Ripley 418/ 16.5
S4 Stumpjumper 425/ 16.7

Yeah there is a big jump in height between sizes. I didn't catch that. SAmall ans Medium look modern, large and exta large not so much.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you have a Riot, I don't see the need to get a Tilt. Im on Avy and 1° as well. I'll probably get the Lithium so I don't ask too much from the Riot. I think they need more color options or link color options like they did in the past. But if the Lithium was available in the bronze the Balance is offered in I definitely get one. Or if the links were available in bronze like their peddles.
Be patient. Bought a blue Nimble when Canfield came back. Before it shipped they came out with the Static. They let me change it. I just shipped it back to wait on a chrome one, which is really what I wanted. If that’s any indication, they will be coming out with a color, or no paint, that will suit you. Small batches. If you see a color you like you should get it before it’s gone. Have a feeling they are going to sell out of bikes quick. Now just if I could just find a Shimano 12sp derailer I could finish my build.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts