Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
IL Canfield riders represent.

I just got a Knolly Fugitive, and am thoroughly enjoying it... The rear end is quite a bit longer, and I think I actually got in trouble on a switch back with the extra length... But I'm overall enjoying what feels like a better balance with longer stays.
Only someone who rides Canfield would call the fugitive stays long lol. My wife loves her Wrekoning LB it feels like a boat to me.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Beat me to it!

He got in trouble on a switchback with all that extra length...lol, that's precious

Y'all even have switchbacks in Illinois?

We don't have much, but if know where to look there is some chunky, tight stuff... I grew up outside of Boston and riding the east coast, it's very similar, just horribly flat.

Fugitive stays definitely aren't long, but nothing like the BMX . mountain goat stays on the Riot... Fugitive is longer front and rear, and slacker. It's a solid ****ing bike, and the increased progression out back is really nice. Pedaling is definitely squishier feeling... But it's been great for the three weeks I've had it. If the new Riot never shows, you guys should check it out, especially if you're looking for a bigger feeling bike that is still 'trail.'

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
We don't have much, but if know where to look there is some chunky, tight stuff... I grew up outside of Boston and riding the east coast, it's very similar, just horribly flat.

Fugitive stays definitely aren't long, but nothing like the BMX . mountain goat stays on the Riot... Fugitive is longer front and rear, and slacker. It's a solid ****ing bike, and the increased progression out back is really nice. Pedaling is definitely squishier feeling... But it's been great for the three weeks I've had it. If the new Riot never shows, you guys should check it out, especially if you're looking for a bigger feeling bike that is still 'trail.'
I like the Fugitive and the Druid, 2 bikes on my short list if Canfield didn't come back. I was ribbing ya since these days the Fugitive's stays are considered short.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I tboiy about the Druid, too...seems like an amazing bike, but the idler is a personal turn off, and it seems more the mini enduro/plow bike versus something poppier, like the Riot or a 'trail' bike. The Fugitive is a trail bike with a really, really high I'll re.limit on gnar...higher than mine, and I spent today hucking it and hitting DJ lines. Doesn't jump as well as the Riot.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I tboiy about the Druid, too...seems like an amazing bike, but the idler is a personal turn off, and it seems more the mini enduro/plow bike versus something poppier, like the Riot or a 'trail' bike. The Fugitive is a trail bike with a really, really high I'll re.limit on gnar...higher than mine, and I spent today hucking it and hitting DJ lines. Doesn't jump as well as the Riot.
I definitely want a big hitting bike with trail geo. I'm more into natural drops than jumps.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Some teaser pics from Canfield on FB and Instagram. Small gussets and internal routing ports, so something new is about to be released.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Some teaser pics from Canfield on FB and Instagram. Small gussets and internal routing ports, so something new is about to be released.
That's old news bro :lol:. Just kidding, this is getting exciting. Now I just need an extra $5k or so for the bike!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Just posted another... looks like a Riot 2.0 to me. Ohlins air shock, FINALLY getting a one piece upper link the old Balance got but the Riot desperately needed. Water bottle under the down tube, like the original... looks nice and short out back, slack up front with a lot of BB drop... but hard to tell from a shadowed teaser of a naked frame. A lower BB, siffer Riot... that'd be a beast.

This probably won't work:

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=dc5a7d7f00b11bdae03d9112826acac5&oe=5FDCD0A3

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Just posted another... looks like a Riot 2.0 to me. Ohlins air shock, FINALLY getting a one piece upper link the old Balance got but the Riot desperately needed. Water bottle under the down tube, like the original... looks nice and short out back, slack up front with a lot of BB drop... but hard to tell from a shadowed teaser of a naked frame. A lower BB, siffer Riot... that'd be a beast.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=dc5a7d7f00b11bdae03d9112826acac5&oe=5FDCD0A3
Link works for me. Nice to see the one piece rocker, since that's where most the flex is from. And the gussets should mean a longer fork is possible. Can't wait to see the Geo.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

The bottle mount is interesting. Seems the popular move has been to fitting at least something inside the front triangle. I know I would appreciate being able to carry two bottles instead of a pack. Not a deal breaker, as I noticed as I got into better shape that 20-30 oz for a 10 mile 90 minutes ride is usually enough unless it's 90 degrees out.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The head tube image looks black, but the full frame looks to have that Cherry Cola color from the current N9.

As far as the bottle holder goes, I had trouble with the previous Riot that my tire would hit the bottle on a size medium and that wasn't even at full compression. In the frame bottle mounts would be ideal but its tough with that suspension design.

·
Registered
45 Posts
disappointing that it looks like there are no water bottle mounts in the front triangle. interesting that revel could squeeze one in with their cbf usage.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Revel also has a much more sculpted down tube which I suppose is easier to manufacture in carbon versus the hydroforming it would take in aluminum.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts