Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allegedly, there are additional models in the works, for release before the end of the year. Possibly something to replace the Riot. Nice.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I propose a new 29er trail bike to be called "the Vader" and I would like it in Carbon Stealth black please. here's my money!

·
Rocks belong
5,265 Posts
150-160 rear with CBF suspension, Canfield geo and 29er wheels... I'm in

·
Registered
52 Posts
Of course when I'm like a day away from ordering a Pivot Switchblade to replace my Balance. Now what do I do!? I wonder how much travel... I wonder if there is any chance they will stay away from the really slack and long 29er trend...

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Of course when I'm like a day away from ordering a Pivot Switchblade to replace my Balance. Now what do I do!? I wonder how much travel... I wonder if there is any chance they will stay away from the really slack and long 29er trend...
A Switchblade, seriously?

That’s a no brainer, even if Canfield doesn’t come through, I can think of s few bikes more worthy. Dang, how about a high pivot? I’d be all over a Forbidden Druid or evening a Deviate Highlander, that is if I was swinging wagon wheels!

Yeah, you should wait.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts

That’s a no brainer, even if Canfield doesn’t come through, I can think of s few bikes more worthy. Dang, how about a high pivot? I’d be all over a Forbidden Druid or evening a Deviate Highlander, that is if I was swinging wagon wheels!

Yeah, you should wait.
The Druid is my second choice. Waiting to see what Canfield puts out. Im short but like 9ers. So gotta see if I'll fit what comes out. The Switchblade geo is nice but doesn't have that active and efficient suspension.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was the response I got when asking about when the next batch of Nimble 9's would be in as I'm toying with the idea of a steel hardtail. I also asked if they had plans to produce a replacement for the Riot. I was pleased with the answer to say the least.

Screenshot 2020-10-27 231031.jpg

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Lance (I think?) said in early June that they'd be releasing something Riot-ish this year. It was posted in response to my question on Facebook when they released the new Balance.

Keep in mind that they'll only be announcing it this year by the sounds of it...probably going to be early next year before they start getting shipments in, and that's assuming everything goes well.

·
Registered
52 Posts

That�s a no brainer, even if Canfield doesn�t come through, I can think of s few bikes more worthy. Dang, how about a high pivot? I�d be all over a Forbidden Druid or evening a Deviate Highlander, that is if I was swinging wagon wheels!

Yeah, you should wait.
Geometry looks pretty good on those two but I do enjoy short chainstays. What is lame about the Switchblade? They seem to get good reviews regarding efficiency. I�m sure it�s not quite as good in serious chunk... The Balance is awesome but I am wanting a bit more of an all-arounder. I might wait on a Canfield, I�m real curious what they�ll offer.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Lance (I think?) said in early June that they'd be releasing something Riot-ish this year. It was posted in response to my question on Facebook when they released the new Balance.

Keep in mind that they'll only be announcing it this year by the sounds of it...probably going to be early next year before they start getting shipments in, and that's assuming everything goes well.
This is true. The N9 was announced last year at the end of November with an original shipping date in May of 20 or so, but due to all the craziness in the world, which was totally out of Canfield's control, they weren't available until July.

Either way I figure I'm going to put the brakes on my current trail bike hunt and wait to see what they release. I will enjoy my new to me fat bike until then. Unless of course I come across a deal on something I can pass up...

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I'm hoping 140-150mm with the ability to run 160mm fork. With N9 geo. Hopefully the chainstays don't grow over 425mm

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have to agree on short chainstays. My Balance handles so well. I have bikes with slightly longer stays and they just don't seem whip around tight corners or feel as lively either.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm stoked on the new 'Riot'
I hope they keep it in the 140 range, considering I'm in Central IL
Been riding my Yelli since 2017 and I'm ready to start building up a new bike.
IL Canfield riders represent.

I just got a Knolly Fugitive, and am thoroughly enjoying it... The rear end is quite a bit longer, and I think I actually got in trouble on a switch back with the extra length... But I'm overall enjoying what feels like a better balance with longer stays.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts