Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mootsapalooza 2007 - Far Hills, NJ Saturday, May 26th 12 noon to 8 P.M.

3K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  bozizle 
#1 ·
(Far Hills, NJ April 25th) Both William D. Trego and Moots Cycles of Steamboat Springs, CO have announced a day of riding and a BBQ for all Moots riders on William Trego's sheep farm in Far Hills, NJ on Saturday, May 26th.
They've named the event Mootsapalooza 2007 and this is the first ever enthusiast gathering held by and for Moots riders. In fact, this may be the first event of its kind for any premium bike brand.

Mootsapalooza is open to all Moots owners and riders and only Moots bikes will be permitted to ride. The farm, conveniently located 50 miles directly west of NYC should be reachable by all in the mid-Atlantic region. This is a full day of riding, both road and mountain bikes, on this spectacular 60 acre farm, with hot dogs, hamburgers and other such stuff grilled up by farm cooks for all at 5 or 6 p.m. Riding begins at noon.

Wives and girlfriends are welcome (hopefully not together) though pets and children should be left at home.
Come on out to the Somerset Hills of NJ for a day of fun, fellowship, and celebration of the finest bike brand in the world. There will be some great surprises and this event should not be missed. Those without a ride should beg, borrow or buy a Moots for this weekend -- a great excuse to take the plunge.

Please e-mail William D. Trego at Mootsapalooza@aol.com to register and for directions and further information. Tell them about yourself and how many people (and cars) will be attending.

See you all at Mootsapalooza 2007!

source: William D. Trego
Mootsapalooza@aol.com

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
gregg said:
Mootsapalooza is open to all Moots owners and riders and only Moots bikes will be permitted to ride. ...
I think some people with some spendy seatposts and stems may be a little miffed.

gregg said:
Wives and girlfriends are welcome (hopefully not together) though pets and children should be left at home.
Are women allowed to own moots too or are you guys that exclusive?

If I find some trust fund baby / investment banker boyfriend can I ride or does rule 1 still apply?

#11 ·
neveride said:
Most likely the farm/home of a Moots owner, hence the moots only. That was my immediate thought.
moots.com said:
Deep in the serene hills of New Jersey farm country lives our good friend and respected publisher and writer, William D. Trego. Bill is a thinking man, and I like to believe that one of his finer thoughts came to him while riding one of his Moots bikes- he has a fleet of five. Bill reminds me of Albert Einstein. And as the good doctor said, "I thought of that while riding my bike." But that was in reference to the theory of relativity, and Bill's brain child is Mootsapalooza 2007.

#13 ·
bonefishjake said:
drat! the event is THAT weekend? no way i'm making it, sorry chaps. my bentley is scheduled for an oil change, the range rover is getting fitted with dubs and the wife and i are taking the dogs to the house in the hamptons. :D
reality check:

the scrambler won't start, it costs too much to fuel up the 'burb and you need to get diapers for the kids and dry wall house. Oh yeah, and you don't own a Moots.

#22 ·
Funniest thread Ive seen in a while. Why is it so wrong that they only want people riding moots bikes? Its a "moots enthusiast gathering", even if I don't have a moots why would I want to bring a bike built by another brand? Sure it would be cool to see a herd of high quality titanium bicycles, but I'd feel a little under dressed on my aluminum Klein that cost less than a new moots frame. Alz Im saying is there is no real reason to talk ****.

#24 ·
TheRedMantra said:
Funniest thread Ive seen in a while. Why is it so wrong that they only want people riding moots bikes? Its a "moots enthusiast gathering", even if I don't have a moots why would I want to bring a bike built by another brand? Sure it would be cool to see a herd of high quality titanium bicycles, but I'd feel a little under dressed on my aluminum Klein that cost less than a new moots frame. Alz Im saying is there is no real reason to talk ****.
Because from a business standpoint, allowing others to something that will naturally be primarily self limited to Moots owners is a good move. This shows poor management because it's generating that false image of a closed community when you get a Moots and does little for business because it's Moots owners anyhow. Those companies have low turnovers for bike sales because people keep their bikes for so long. It simply doesn't make sense. A non-Moots owner who would attend is an enthusiast as well, for the most part. Just doesn't have a Moots just yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.