Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to have the 7 year old Moots YBB refinshed at the Moots factory. The finish is begining to show signs of wear and the from what I have seen the refinish done at Moots turns out pretty nice. The price includes decals and for an extra 20 dollars I can have my stem and seatpost redone as well. While I am at it I am going to install new rebuild kit for the shock. The turn around time was estimated at 4-5 weeks. Anybody have experience with refinishing Moots frames? Just wondering what they do in that time. The prep work involved and the actual finished used is a mystery to me. I will post pictures when it is done, sometime in Feb./March.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my 8 year old YBB back from Moots. It was reconditioned, the frame was glass beaded, shock rebuilt, all new decals and front badge, and a rear disk brake mount welded on.
If you didn't know better you would swear the frame was brand new.
I am very pleased.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got back from the MOOTS factory after dropping off my YBB to be refinished. I haven't been back since they have been in the new building. I walked out of their a very happy person. The MOOTS vibe is alive and well and the new place looks good. I am confident that these guys still work towards building the best frames out there. "In MOOTS We Trust"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.