Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my Moots mooto x mid December, and wanted to wait until I could get the Pace fork and Moots laid back post on it, but I can't wait until February to post some pics. Here we go. The build list:
-Moots Mooto X frame w/ slider dropout option
-Bontrager Switchblade AL fork
-Chris King SS Rear hub and ISO front hub
-Chris KIng HS
-Salsa Delgado rims
-Maxxis Ignitor tires
-Salsa cyclocross tubes 700X44
-Ritchey Stem
-Easton Monkey Lite XC CNT bar
-Truvative SS GXP cranks
-Avid Ultimate levers
-Avid BB7 mech discs
-Endless Bikes 22t rear cog (I live in Utah so I have a sissy gear on it for climbing)
-Dean Ti post (until the Moots arrives)
-Koobi saddle
-Complete ti bolt kit for the entire bike (rotor bolts on back order)
Frame weight 4.2 lbs, complete bike 22lbs.
I didn't trim the steerer, b/c I'm waiting on the Pace fork and will be selling the Bonti.
ANYONE INTERESTED IN A SWITCHBLADE FORK .. CHEAP?

-By the way, I have been able to get out about 5X on the bike and I'm gonna be selling my 26er too. No way I'm going back to the little wheels. I'm definitely convinced 29er is the way to go.

Attachments

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
man....that must be one painful wait!

so are you gonna run Avid mech discs? you mention the levers but not the calipers. Sound like it will be an amazing bike.

Cheers and Happy New Year

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FoShizzle said:
man....that must be one painful wait!

so are you gonna run Avid mech discs? you mention the levers but not the calipers. Sound like it will be an amazing bike.

Cheers and Happy New Year
Yeah Mech discs, the complete list is up now, but can't get the pics to upload. I inadvertenly hit the wrong key and it submitted my post before I was ready. I'm new to this posting thing if you didn't figure that out already.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
tibiker325 said:
Yeah Mech discs, the complete list is up now, but can't get the pics to upload. I inadvertenly hit the wrong key and it submitted my post before I was ready. I'm new to this posting thing if you didn't figure that out already.
hey...as far as what you call a "sissy" gear, all things are relative. I typically run a 22t rear for riding where I live as well. i would rather be a so-called sissy with a chance to make a steep climb than a he-man walking their bike :)

as far as the uploading, there are many ways to do it. the most direct way is to save you files as JPEG files and I think you will need to size them so that they are not larger than 195KB or something like that. Then you can use upload images.

·
'Calm Down'
854 Posts
Sounds like your photos are to big and you need to resize them. The photos should be about 800x600 or under. I really want to see photos of the new Moots drops as well as your whole build, so send the photos to me and I'll post them if you're still having trouble. :)

jw

tibiker325 said:
I can't get my photo to upload. So frustrating, any clues on what I need to do?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I got an idea, give me your new bike, let me ride it and get it really dirty and I will take pictures and post them for you.

tibiker325 said:
I can't get my photo to upload. So frustrating, any clues on what I need to do?

·
Registered
114 Posts
So helpful .....

bigdrunk said:
I got an idea, give me your new bike, let me ride it and get it really dirty and I will take pictures and post them for you.
Nice to see that there are still people that want to help another person and not even asking something for it in return. I think you are too good for this world bigdrunk :D

Now lets see those pics!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It worked finally!

Thanks for the downsizing tip. My wife has a couple of different imaging programs and I was having trouble doing what I wanted to do. It seems to have finally worked. Check the original posting (above), I edited it and was able to add the pics.

·
Registered
702 Posts
That looks really good. When I saw the new Moots sliders on another thread I didn't like the look of them but seeing them built up I think they look great. Post your thoughts on the switchblade as I'm sure there will be alot of interest. Enjoy your new ride!

·
528 Posts
SwitchBlade

First off, the Mooto X is one nice bike. Good luck and have fun with yours. I was under the impression that the switchblade fork wasn't available yet. Looks like a phone call to the local Fisher dealer now. How long have you had the fork?
tibiker325 said:
Thanks for the downsizing tip. My wife has a couple of different imaging programs and I was having trouble doing what I wanted to do. It seems to have finally worked. Check the original posting (above), I edited it and was able to add the pics.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Very nice...

........and clean looking bike........

What size frame is that 19" or 20" ?

Why the V-brake bosses?

·
528 Posts
tibiker325

tibiker325, please check your PM's
tibiker325 said:
I got my Moots mooto x mid December, and wanted to wait until I could get the Pace fork and Moots laid back post on it, but I can't wait until February to post some pics. Here we go. The build list:
-Moots Mooto X frame w/ slider dropout option
-Bontrager Switchblade AL fork
-Chris King SS Rear hub and ISO front hub
-Chris KIng HS
-Salsa Delgado rims
-Maxxis Ignitor tires
-Salsa cyclocross tubes 700X44
-Ritchey Stem
-Easton Monkey Lite XC CNT bar
-Truvative SS GXP cranks
-Avid Ultimate levers
-Avid BB7 mech discs
-Endless Bikes 22t rear cog (I live in Utah so I have a sissy gear on it for climbing)
-Dean Ti post (until the Moots arrives)
-Koobi saddle
-Complete ti bolt kit for the entire bike (rotor bolts on back order)
Frame weight 4.2 lbs, complete bike 22lbs.
I didn't trim the steerer, b/c I'm waiting on the Pace fork and will be selling the Bonti.
ANYONE INTERESTED IN A SWITCHBLADE FORK .. CHEAP?

-By the way, I have been able to get out about 5X on the bike and I'm gonna be selling my 26er too. No way I'm going back to the little wheels. I'm definitely convinced 29er is the way to go.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
switchblade

threesixeight said:
First off, the Mooto X is one nice bike. Good luck and have fun with yours. I was under the impression that the switchblade fork wasn't available yet. Looks like a phone call to the local Fisher dealer now. How long have you had the fork?[/QUO

Believe it or not I have had it since late November. A friend of a friend had a tip that some guys were given some pre release forks to race the 24 hours of Moab, and that they had one that was left over. When I called the guy said he was saving it for his wifes bike, but agreed to sell it because my frame was almost here. It rides great and is much more compliant than even I thought it would be. One of the guys was riding a Surly KM fork and said he liked the Bonti better. I concur.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
19"

TiBiker said:
........and clean looking bike........

What size frame is that 19" or 20" ?

Why the V-brake bosses?
It's a 19", I struggled between 19 and 20, but in the end I'm glad I settled on the 19. I'm a total tweener, the standover sold me, and that's why I'm getting a setback Moots post and I'm running a 120 stem.
As for the V Brakes, it was probably a mistake, but I have never run discs before, and was giving myself a backup plan. The Avid discs rock, I'll never go back. Oh well, not a huge deal I guess, just not as clean on the rear end as it could be.

·
Registered
114 Posts
tibiker325 said:
It's a 19", I struggled between 19 and 20, but in the end I'm glad I settled on the 19. I'm a total tweener, the standover sold me, and that's why I'm getting a setback Moots post and I'm running a 120 stem.
As for the V Brakes, it was probably a mistake, but I have never run discs before, and was giving myself a backup plan. The Avid discs rock, I'll never go back. Oh well, not a huge deal I guess, just not as clean on the rear end as it could be.
What's your length? I'm 6'1" and went for the 20" YBB version. I run the Avids too as my first discbrakes and like them a lot so far. I took the plunge after my bikedealers advise and left the V-studs off.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gearing

FoShizzle said:
hey...as far as what you call a "sissy" gear, all things are relative. I typically run a 22t rear for riding where I live as well. i would rather be a so-called sissy with a chance to make a steep climb than a he-man walking their bike :)

as far as the uploading, there are many ways to do it. the most direct way is to save you files as JPEG files and I think you will need to size them so that they are not larger than 195KB or something like that. Then you can use upload images.
I couldn't agree more. I would much rather ride than walk. I'm spinning out of my gear no matter what on the downhills so my emphasis is on the uphills. My bad back and knee history seals the deal for the easier gears.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts