Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to explain something here that really pisses me off.

Jim, Eric and myself cut back Blueberry and rerouted 75% of the Middle part on Tuesday night. This took me a total of around 60hrs, plus the 3hrs each by Jim and Eric. I cut the scrub oak on the new trail and dragged it out to the old trail and covered it completely so nobody uses it and it will be reclaimed within a year or two.

The new trail is to stop the erosion/run-off that's been happening.

We left Moosic at close to 8pm Tuesday night. The new trail is opened and the old one was 100% covered over with the scrub oak. At 11am on Wednesday Jim went to ride the new trail, only to find out that some asshole removed all the scrub oak that we laid on top of the old trail and reopened it.

This happened on both lower Blueberry and Middle Blueberry. If anyone has any info of who did it, let me know.

Before any trail work gets done up there it has to be approved by TNC. These re-routes were approved in 2018.
Unauthorized building isn't allowed and that includes reopening the old ones.

If TNC needs to get the game commission involved, they will. I'm sure they can find a charge to press.

I doubt it was any of the 5 people who are in the PA forum on here. But I'm just posting this so people get the point to not go out and ruin **** for everyone else.

Ttyl, Fahn

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm riding there today and definitely plan to hit Blueberry. Glad I found this. I will keep my eye out for the re-route. This place is a diamond in the rough in NEPA, thanks for all you do to maintain Moosic.

Lots of riders use the app trailforks as a guide. Has anyone updated the GPX file for this trail on trailforks? If not, I can compare my ride from today to the current version and submit an edit to update so TF shows the re-route.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't updated the app. As a matter of fact, I don't know how to. If you can do that for me, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for helping me out with this. Ttyl, Fahn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts