Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to get out and ride on Holy Saturday. We had planned on going to Jim Thorpe but with a forcast of rain we diverted to MMC. Rained all the way up until we got to the parking lot and it stopped. Plenty of riders out today enjoying the expertly designed and built trails. We had 5 in our group(Turbo Tom, Denis, SlowDave, VAMtnbiker, and myself). Ran into a crew from Hubbard( Jay, Mike, Charley, Steve) who were riding with Wilkes Barre talent(Lynn, Jim, Joe). Actually got a chance to ride all of the side trails today as well as ride the new trail that avoids the quad downhill. Charley and crew showed us how to avoid the quad downhill....very nice addition. We saw some ribbons above the resevoir thinking that might be the new go around.....Here are a few pre ride shots....I am using our old camera...which is pretty bulky...kids got the new one...go figure. "Respect the Van".

Attachments

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Post ride...

A few more pics post ride.....good time had by all....no major mechanicals.....the rocks of MMC certainly challenged us. A few Caskgilla's at the end "Monstrouly Hoppy".

Attachments

·
Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
268 Posts
I had an awesome time today. The trail system is stellar, nice layout. I look forward to the next trip.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Awesome....

No mechanicals though, huh? That might be a first. I'm thinking of putting recycling boxes out there to see how many parts get smashed, ripped, broke, or dismembered. No body parts would be welcomed though! :eekster: Fahn

·
268 Posts
Only one adjustment of the a pedal I would hardly call that a mechanical break down though. We had a couple close calls of derailleur breakage, but only ended up with a scratch. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The trails there are a lot of fun and a change of pace from the wooded singletrack riding characteristic of Pa.

I was there last fall and had a blast. I have to be up in Scranton on Thursday for work and may check them out in the afternoon.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
If you're up on Thursday, come up to Hubbard. That's the night we ride up there. As the saying goes, "My weekends begin on Thursday nights!"

FWIW. Jeff, I think I have your chainstay protector. Or someone elses from a Specialized 29'er. It's plastic covered with foam and FSR is cut out of it. I don't see it on your bike in the pics though. Let me know. ttyl, Fahn

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep...that is mine....

Aceman....thanks very much...that is my chainstay protector....wondering where you found it......I did fall once pretty good ...maybe that is where I lost it...will get it from you sometime when riding up your way this spring. Thx again and more importantly thanks for designing and building a great place to ride!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
No problem. Actually John found it while riding on Sunday w/Jenny. He didn't specify where though. I'll ask him for ya. ttyl, Fahn

·
268 Posts
9 fun fun filled miles to boote. Some trails are set up in such a way that you can double back without loosing your rhythm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts