Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
'Calm Down'
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was asked in another thread:

luv4bikes said:
Where did you get those covers for your hands?
I didn't want to clutter that thread up so here's the info -

The "Moose Mitts" I have where made by a local shop owner: www.trails-edge.com
The specific page for them is: AMF Threadworks Bike Mits

Other then a good pair of winter shoes, Moose Mitts are the #1 piece of gear that enable me to ride through the winter. I'm sure there's a few people making them, but of course these were made locally...

jw

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
GrumpyOne said:
... Other then a good pair of winter shoes, Moose Mitts are the #1 piece of gear that enable me to ride through the winter. I'm sure there's a few people making them, but of course these were made locally...

jw
Pretty fancy. Do they cost more or less than one-way airfare to California? :D

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
I have heard these highly recommended.

Thanks for re-igniting the Quiring Ti lust. Thought I was over that.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
I would definitely use those if my winter commuter had gears... or brakes. I just roll with a glove liner, thick mittens, and a death grip.

·
Not really that big!
368 Posts
How much dinero to get a pair of those??? I was thinking of making a pair but I haven't sewn since 8th grade Home Ec!

·
'Calm Down'
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
They take licking and keep on ticking. I have one of the first two pairs made by Mike at Trails Edge many...many years ago. -Jerry

·
is buachail foighneach me
6,589 Posts
this is a fantastic product description....

"Do you like to blaze your own trail on your bike?
If so, you'd better get your shins some protection.
1.5mm Neoprene front, and Lycra back, these Shing Guard can also be used as shin warmers when the pad is removed. Double-stiched at seams. ":nono:

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,164 Posts
I have them on the Eriksen and with a pair of 40* "mid-weight' cycling gloves my hands were toasty in 25* temps!

They roack!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback guys...I am glad their working well for everyone else too. Rode in the 30's the other day and my hands were sweating. I of course made my custom pair to match me new Bandersnatch.

Jerry, We really need to get you a new pair. Your pair is V1.0 which were made with simple Duck Canvas, Sprayed with waterproofing. I took Mike Moss, and Jon Heft's back as a trade in and trade up program for $20 if you want.

Now if I could just get a little faster on the sewing machine...;) Thanks for all of your patience with me this year too. The holidays put us back for a few weeks but were finally catching up.

1,407 Posts
I have had a pair of Moose Mitts for the past few months and they work great. New Years day gravel ride of 6 degrees with a -18 windchill for 35 miles and my hands were warm, with a light glove on. Well worth the price.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hell ya Mike.....ma told me sucking up to the man will reap rewards ; -)

Take your time making me new Mitts.....mine still work great. Get ahold of me on the Luv board anytime. -Jerry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts