Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to give kudos to the Addison County Bike Club, Green Mountain National Forests, and Tom Lepesqueur for the Mt Moosalamoo and Oak Ridge trail work in Ripton/Goshen. Definitely the coolest backcountry feeling single track riding in the VT and the closest thing I've seen to Pisgah or Stokesville riding in New England. Now you can truly do 30+ ride trail rides in that zone.

·
mosstrooper
160 Posts
Just want to give kudos to the Addison County Bike Club, Green Mountain National Forests, and Tom Lepesqueur for the Mt Moosalamoo and Oak Ridge trail work in Ripton/Goshen. Definitely the coolest backcountry feeling single track riding in the VT and the closest thing I've seen to Pisgah or Stokesville riding in New England. Now you can truly do 30+ ride trail rides in that zone.
Thanks for mentioning it Tyler, I've heard that Lepesqueur has been working on the Oak Ridge Trail this fall. Is the trail complete now? Where can you find an updated ACBC trail map? Glad to hear the riding in that area is getting better and better, I lived there for five years and only ever rode the Chandler Ridge in Moosalamoo. So much trail potentialy in that zone though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
One super pumped this regional forum is back up and running and yea I would definitely like to hear more information.

I am familiar with the area and Lepesquer's work, but I'm not really sure how to plan a ride there. Definitely looking to get some rides in there if it's currently an option as I'm working in New Haven right now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trails are up on Trailforks now. It is worth riding up to the summit of Mt Moosalamoo before descending the Oak Ridge trail. I've been doing it as a long loop - parking at Oak Ridge trailhead and spinning 5 miles of dirt/paved road over to Silver Lake trail to Chandler Ridge to Leicster hollow then the VAST trail (Goshen Damn trail. Tricky to find) that brings you to the Goshen/Ripton forest rd about a 1/2 mile from the Mt Moosalamoo trail head.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh, man! Can't wait to check out the new work. I rode Oak Ridge about 10 years ago after seeing a little bike logo on the brown sign at the trailhead. The next seven hours can only be described as an epic

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah buddy! So stoked to see good backcountry options in NE, one of the rare experiences we are missing. Now that I saw LD fixed up Oak Ridge and Mount Moosalamoo I can't wait to get back to the area. Big props to all involved!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts