Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
single track ****
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 small deer, 1 curious lion, and a tick on my neck were some of the sights Lou and I saw on last nights ride. I need to get a new harddrive, on my home comp, so I can start capturing/ sharing some pics again. Anyhow, I was planning on joining sngltrak for a Horsetooth ride, but I couldn't get there in time, so we headed up to GlenHaven to ride w/ the dogs. Was up in piper meadows admiring the way the clouds concealed tops of mountans when I noticed some eyes upwind and 100 yards or so across from us in meadow. Got off bike, to try and verify what it was, and spent next 30 min or so watching it trail us. It actually came w/ in 30 yards, and even closer than that to dogs, but it never attacked(thankfully), and dogs minded & stayed close to us. After ride we we reputting bikes up when 3 enormous elk jumped out of horse stable, and ran accross street by us. I think the lion followed us all the way down, and spooked the elk. The tick I felt on my neck driving home gave me a few min of the willies- I hate those things. Nothing makes me feel so alive as riding at night. Trail conditions were good. We made it to about 9k w/ trail cond being almost too dry. Riding thur eve if anyone cares to join. Meeting at redstone in Lyons at 7:30 for some natl forrest riding. Stay gold ponyboy, and don't forget to check for ticks:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thems lions and bears and ticks are out there. Oh My!
Very cool what you can see riding at night.
It would make me a bit apprehensive if I saw a lion and he was following me down
the hill. Good thing you had the hounds.
Yesterday on mustang at white ranch I came across a large eagle, golden I think.
Snacking on a fresh lion kill carcass not five feet from the trail.
Made me think that in a half hour the eagle or the lion could be back for another snack.
Mmmnn skinny mountain biker legs. Yum. :rolleyes:

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Hows the snow situation up there?

I'd love to meet up to ride but I'll be down there working later. On your way out, swing by for a beer or 2. Things should be pretty good if you don't go up too high. I was west a bit before the last snow and things were good. Went to the swimmin' hole by the bridge and didn't encounter snow until I started heading upstream. Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.