Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Moon today with Denis, Bryan, Famous Dave, Chuck D from Public Enemy, and Joe F.. Conditions perfect.....everything right! Looks like Lee/Chuck and team have been busy. We enjoyed many trail improvements and a brand new trials area called the "Deacon". Here are a few pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a few more pics....

Here are a few more pics and vids....riding conditions were just fantastic...and for mushroom growing too...check out the new stunt park and the aquaduct fun ride!

Attachments

·
Hail Satin!
248 Posts
I have a kinda stupid question about moon lake. Can you just show up and ride any day?
Do they have bike only/ hike only days? Is there an entry fee?
I live down near Philly and though I do love Fairmont park. It's getting a little to shoulder to shoulder with the people.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Great ride today everyone.

Chewy, Moon Lake is free, ride any trails. Some really great stuff there. Around 20 miles of trails.

·
Registered
228 Posts
chewymilk99 said:
I have a kinda stupid question about moon lake. Can you just show up and ride any day?
Do they have bike only/ hike only days? Is there an entry fee?
I live down near Philly and though I do love Fairmont park. It's getting a little to shoulder to shoulder with the people.

The trails are open every minute of the year. If the park gate is closed, park out in front and there is a small connector trail with a boulder at the start of it. Night riding is fine, and there is no hunting in the park so never a reason not to ride. You shouldn't have any problems with too many people out there either. It was crowded today and I saw 4 people in the two hours I was out there. The only fees at the park are for camping and maybe renting a canoe or something like that.

Those videos look fun, I ended up sleeping too late to catch up with you guys. I went out there and played around on the unicycle a bit, and then hit a couple of updated trails. T-Rex 1 and 2 are twice as good now I'd say. Edge of the Ledge has a few tweaks right at the end too. Did you get to see any of these Jeff, or did you stick to the hilly side of the park?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Chriffer...

Hi Chris, Our route was the following: Nature Center Parking to Big Blue to the RC field edge back to Nature Center(we did this while waiting for one rider) to Big Blue to Thorny Hollow to Natures Way to Deacon to Natures Way to T Rex 1 to NFS to Flume to 5858 to Natures Way to Deacon(again) to Natures way to T Rex 2 to Screamer to The Dark to Buddy's to the Nature Center. Lots of Fun! Lots of Mushrooms out there too! We stayed away from Rock It and Peek a Boo thinking they may be underwater. Didn't do NiteMare either....great time.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts