Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot riding on a very cold day.......a good size group rode in the bitter cold today. The word seems to be spreading about Moon Lake riding. Today a rider visited from south of here, she drove up from Allentown after hearing about the riding. I think we had about 11 of us at one point. As the ride wore on people ran out of time and the group got smaller. Conditions other than the bitter cold were very good. Ground was frozen solid making for light rolling resistance. Every time I go to Moon Lake there is a new trail....well this visit Chuck and Lee told us about a new trail 5858, and Lee brought us over to ride it. Very nice with a huge expansion to come later, maybe next year. Kudos goes out to the guys building the trails as well as the park management who have developed a destination legal spot to ride that has something for everyone. Here are a few pics and vids...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more shots from todays ride

A few more shots....so cold even the blood had a hard time flowing after a otb fall by one of the riders...

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey Jeff, both emails I sent you got bounced back to me. Looks like I missed a good ride today! Great trails in that park.

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts
The Moon was rock'in again even though the weather was cold and we expect that this time of year but it doesn't stop any of us from having FUN!

Like Jeff said Karen from the Allentown area visited us to ride with us cause she saw all the fun and friendship we have in our area! Turns out I know her brother! Karen and her hubby are coming to the NEPMTBA X Mas party, so stop by as she is bringing her old school Cycle Craft BMXer for the bike show.

OK here goes:
Thanks: Karen, Chris(Murph), Chuck, Ty, Canadian Chuck, Jeff, Mark, Larry, Steve, Joan, and Buddy! Did I get them all in?

The first ride started at 12 noon and we rode the lower stuff with Joan testing the temp of the water on the Dark trail while Buddy just watched! Then we returned back at the Nature Center to meet Jeff and crew at 1:30 for another much longer ride! Jeff's got a smok'in loop that kept all moto'ing along! We got out on many of the trails and the new 5858 then Salamander with it's off-camber snow dusted challenge.T-Rex 2 and then a bit of fun in the Trials where Canadian Chuck did the ledge drop as you can see in the vids.Finishing with a blast down Screamer downhill. What a great ride!

Special thanks to Jeff, Mark, and Chuck for all the pic and vids! You should all get awards for being great film directors. How about the mOOnie awards? Thanks to moon Lake security, Paul for opening the Nature Center to allow a bit of heat and the use of the bathrooms and he informed me he would have it open for all of our Saturday rides!

Moonie award for Chris(Murph) who not only rode with us but spent the day GPSing the trails, asking trail names, changing batteries and at time would go off and ride a different trails then meet back with the group. He did 25 plus miles of riding just to get all the trails GPSed -- DEDICATION! And by the way he lost a small round aluminum shaft about 3 inches long. I think it's black in color for his Hopey Steering Damper so, if you find it please take it to the main office... Much appreciated!

I hadn't seen Mark, Larry and Steve in a while, so it was good to get out and ride with them. Honorable mention since he wasn't there today, but to Dave (17 time ironman winner)Scott who I have seen twice this week at the park and he only shows when it snows or rains... LOL!

So, don't sit home when you should come join the fun, because trails without riders are just empty dirt paths! The air is cold, but the friendship is very warm at the mOOn! Don't forget everyone is invited to the Christmas party this coming Saturday(info on our website)and also to attend any of our rides at the mOOn!

Thanks to all and Merry Christmas!

·
i moto too
216 Posts
just want to say thanks for a great ride on Saturday. everyone was so nice and friendly. sorry I had to cut out early. I will definitely be there for the Christmas party (with bmx and anything else I can dig up; hubby is also planning on bringing some stuff to sell if anyone is interested). I also want to add my thanks for the pictures/videos; the GPSing; the bathrooms (how great was that in the cold); and to everyone who helped make these trails possible - THANKS!

karen

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts
redheadrider said:
just want to say thanks for a great ride on Saturday. everyone was so nice and friendly. sorry I had to cut out early. I will definitely be there for the Christmas party (with bmx and anything else I can dig up; hubby is also planning on bringing some stuff to sell if anyone is interested). I also want to add my thanks for the pictures/videos; the GPSing; the bathrooms (how great was that in the cold); and to everyone who helped make these trails possible - THANKS!

karen
Karen:

Thanks for coming from Allentown to ride with us on a cold day! Your Trek MTB is a great bike and you have the skills to put it to the test! I hope you liked the layout at the mOOn. As you can see everyone who rides/works at the mOOn is positive and hard working. Ya, I gotta give props to Paul our Moon Lake security guy for opening the warm bathrooms on a cold day, and Chris(Murph) for GPSing. We have a great bunch who make it great at the mOOn. Jeff and the Mt Top crew are all great guys and are fun to ride with. Hope you can get to ride Mt Top sometime with them in the near future. It also is a fantastic area with great trails.

It was a pleasure sharing the old school BMX stories with you and I hope to hear more at our Christmas party! This is just the start of things we plan to do at the mOOn. In the summer we will have official bike shows and swapmeets along with lot's events and of course riding and hanging out together.

See ya soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts