Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which fork for Covert? I thought about this when I saw EB's pic of the 40 on the BR.

This franken-mod while I am waiting to get my Lyrik back from service was too funny to pass up...

Sorry about the mud...

JMH

Attachments

·
The Beaver
1,153 Posts
I bet the bike feels really balanced... jk I think you should ride it like that

·
Registered
295 Posts
A bit OT but.. You're giving me a complex! (I have the opposite situation).. I run a Lyrik (Uturn) on my Highline because I do quite a bit of climbing. I have been thinking about snagging a totem but I'd like to have a travel adjustable fork.

The 2-step is out of the question due to reliability.

Quick question for ya. Is the totem "that" much better than the Lyrik? They do share the same damping system etc.

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
sweet, the stantions are fatter than the down tube!

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Somewhere I've got a picture of my BR with a 100mm Skareb on it, when I was bored and rebuilding the forks on both the BR and my XC bike. Let me see if I can find it.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Totem is lowered to 150mm, so it rides just fine. Will work for a week or two.

JMH

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ebxtreme said:
Looks good. What's going on with your lyrik? Just normal servicing?

I don't see why that shouldn't work even set at 160mm. Is that the fork off of your old 7 point?
It's getting a full spa treatment from our good friends at BTI... new lowers, new crown/stanchions, you know. Regular yearly maintenance for a fork, nowadays...

The Totem is indeed from my old IH. But I have a secret new project that will require it to be returned to full 180mm glory. :cool:

JMH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts