Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
These may seem too 'cheap' for your use, but we have a set of these wheels on our inflatable for pulling it up the beach. I also saw them on wheelchairs for use on sand in Hawaii. They come in lots of sizes and are pretty light. If I were to ever make a sandbike trailer, I would run these.

http://www.wheeleez.com/showcase.php

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tscheezy said:
These may seem too 'cheap' for your use, but we have a set of these wheels on our inflatable for pulling it up the beach. I also saw them on wheelchairs for use on sand in Hawaii. They come in lots of sizes and are pretty light. If I were to ever make a sandbike trailer, I would run these.

http://www.wheeleez.com/showcase.php
Those are super cool! and light, thank's for the link. I've seen these, or a smaller version of them on "beach" wheelchairs. I built an off road wheelchair for a friend of mine many years back, He was injured in a motorcycle accident. It has two different wheel assemblies, a wide one for sand and a narrower one for mountain trails. Here it is last october at the beach...

Part one:

Part two:

Have plans for another improved version and was wondering about those wheels/tires... look very light!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bighit said:
:skep: I want to see more of this restoration.
Actually, The 27" tire/wheel I was describing won't fit the Hanebrink... I was just dreaming of future possibilities for "Monster" projects. Here's the tire I'm thinking about for the rear of the Hanebrink:http://www.4atvtires.com/atvTires/showProduct.php?id=5092&cat_id=3&searchSize=ALL, mine is an early version w/ the jack-shaft. This just might barely fit if I trim the tread down... way down! Then the tire above for the front in the 22 or 23 inch version. Have to make a custom fork anyway, so I can make it to fit whatever I want. Axle "assemblies" will be the "custom" part of the project. Need to be able to mount current disc brakes and cassette. Factory tires are Duro 18 x 8 inch on 4 inch wide rims. First versions of H "Big Bikes" had bigger tires w/ wider rims.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
These are the ones I saw in Hawaii:

The wheels are 'tubulars' and 'tubeless'. They have no inner tube and are completely sealed all the way around. It's like just running a very burly innner tube as the whole tire. The rims are two halves that meet radially in the center of the hub and the two halves are held together by 4 bolts. The hubs are a resin plastic material. Ours don't have bearings but apparently you can get them with bearings.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love the "3 wheels across" set-up under the rider... talk about floatation! A taller, narrower version of these might make for a cool monster fat bike... an ALU rim w/ spokes designed to take a 6'' tube /tire of this type... goin' to the shop frig. for a beer... Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.